So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I suppose I should dry hop my double IPA today, primary nearly finished so will whole leaf it in a week before transfer into secondary with some pellets.

10 gallons of Jamil's West Coast Blaster, and 10 gallons of a Zombie Dust spin-off using what Citra I have left and that new hop Belma.

First full brew day using the new brew stand with a new 30 gal kettle, 23 tip natural gas burner, and compressed air HLT to MLT transfer system.

Planning a triple brew this weekend. I've got a Dry Irish Stout I'm kegging this weekend, so I'm going to wash the yeast (Wyeast Irish Ale) and brew an Irish Red Ale and repitch the yeast to see what happens. I'm also brewing my first Bohemian Pilsner (started the yeast starter way back on Nov. 1), and I'm also doing a fairly plain APA recipe I made up myself and have done once before. I just hope the weather cooperates!

I'll be brewing a black IPA, and racking 3 different carboys. (hoping i have enough clean bottles..)

The weather Sunday is looking amazing, so it should be a great brew day..

Making a northwest mild. Im using munich as the base for extra unfermentables. Then a pound of kiln coffee malt in place of the dark crystal with 1332 northwest ale. This will be my first try

I have some smoked malt (cherry wood and rauch), some C40, 2-row, pale ale, vienna. Nugget, CTZ, Perle, Tettnanger, cascade. US-05, WLP500, WLP810.

Tell me what to brew!

Brewing an all Brett beer. The base is similar to a best bitter. It's a British Best Bitter Brett Beer.

Not brewing, but bottling up a Belgian brew, a California common, and taking an IPA to the secondary for a little dry hop :) no brewing but busy nonetheless.

Got some ingredients together earlier tonight for a small batch of cider that I put in my Mr. Beer fermentor. The O.G measured at 1.070. We'll see how it turns out as this is the first cider that I've ever done. But I knew the Mr. Beer thing would eventually come in handy again to experiment with small, first time experiment batchs. :mug:

tre9er said:
I have some smoked malt (cherry wood and rauch), some C40, 2-row, pale ale, vienna. Nugget, CTZ, Perle, Tettnanger, cascade. US-05, WLP500, WLP810.

Tell me what to brew!
How about
Mash 154 60min
6lb 2row
3lb pale
2lb. Vienna
1lb. C40
2oz. Cherrywood
.5 oz nugget 60min 13%
.5 oz perle 20min 8.5%
.5 oz perle 1min 8.5%
US-05 or wlp810

Mash 150
8lbs Vienna
4lbs pale
1 oz perle 60min
Wlp500

Going to lHBS and picking up stuff for graff, pale ale and braggot later on may brew up the pale ale and graff

Heading out right now to pick up 5 gallons of RO water for an English Northern Ale.

The weather today is perfect for getting my burner fired up and only had time to get 5 gallons from my RO system. Should have thought about this a day ago.:mad:

Did a test on some Breiss 2 row pale that I'm using for my base(it's been crushed and sitting around in a vacuum sealed bag for a few months) and it converted in 35-40 minutes so I figure I'm good to go.

bosco

Brewing what will be 10g of a Habanero Sculpin IPA clone. Dark and 50˚ at the moment so should be a great day. Cheers! :)

Bottled a honey brown ale today and brewed a smoked maple porter. Wish I had a time machine so i could see how they turn out now...

Brewing up my own ESB starting in about an hour. My first attempt at my own. Up until now I have only done clones and kits, but after reading Designing Great Beers I decided to try my own. Hopefully it won't taste like horse piss.

image-621713049.jpg

Heating strike water.
Nice cascade pale ale.

Prepping for my brew day tomorrow.. yoopers 60 min IPA. Going to enjoy the 60 degree weather ! Probably one of the last warm days.

Gonna brew 20 gallons of pumpkin and 20 gallons of (as close as I could get to) a wookie jack clone. Big day tomorrow. Also the maiden voyage on my new pump.

Brewed a 10 gallon batch of an imperial milk chocolate porter today. Used 1# of unsweetened dutch cocoa powder and 2# of lactose in the boil. OG 1.070 and hoping for a FG around 1.020 or so. Going to be adding cocoa nibs to secondary and if I want even more chocolate in the final product (after tasting it at that point) I'll add some home made chocolate vodka tincture to the keg!

Also kegged 10 gallons of IPA brewed exclusively with Riwaka and Moetuka hops from New Zealand today. Decided to add 4oz of Galaxy to the one corny keg. Might do something with the other one as I've finally come to the conclusion that I simply don't like Riwaka hops.

I've got to teach tomorrow from 10:00am-12:00pm. After I get home I'll be starting an APA that will eventually (through tweaking) become my house APA. This is the first batch that I crushed my own grains. I've got to say that I love my rebel grain crusher!

Heating strike water should start by 12:30pm-1:00pm!

Back