So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know it's not everybody's weekend, but mine ends tomorrow (off since Sept. 1st). Boiling a Stone Ruination Clone from AHS as I type, with a 1 ltr. starter (Safale 04). I should be done in a couple of hours.

Not beer, but I do expect to do a cider. It will be my first cider and will be basing it on Upstate Mike's caramel apple recipe.

I brewed my first batch (extract Caribou Slobber) this weekend and it couldn't have gone much better. A big thanks to everyone on here for the massive amounts of information and recommendations. And now I wait.......

Foozer said:
I brewed my first batch (extract Caribou Slobber) this weekend and it couldn't have gone much better. A big thanks to everyone on here for the massive amounts of information and recommendations. And now I wait.......

Congrats! I love that beer.

My wife leaves for a week long vacation with her parents Sunday so I will be breaking in my new burner and getting appropriately smashed in celebration of my week of freedom. :rockin:

Doing up a 21 gallon batch of Green Flash West Coast IPA this coming weekend. Been making step starters of PacMan for the last 2 weeks from the dregs of a bottle of Rouge beer for this.

Did a modified version of caribou slobber (accounting for what I had access to on short notice).

Also tx'd a farmhouse ale made with wlp670 into secondary, then sanitised the living daylights out of everything as the 670 has brett in it.

The farmhouse had 10% Munich, 10% Crystal Rye, 10% wheat mashed at 156F and in two weeks it went from 1.0490 to 1.0068 (used the fancy density meter at work on filtered samples). 86% attenuation! Wonder how much lower it'll go? Probably leave (forget about it) for at least 3 months.

Might brew tomorrow. Wasn't planning on it, but if I wake up and SWMBO decides it's a lazy day, then I'll probably bust out the IPA recipe I've been wanting to brew for the last couple weeks.

Not brewing, but am gonna make up a pretty big starter tonight I can step up early next week, to brew my Imperial Red when my Citra wet hops arrive late next week.

Not going to brew myself, but serve as assistant brewer this Sunday with a friend. Sometimes it's nice to sit back, help another, and drink more than if you were brewing.

I have two Brews 1 Black IPA with Cascade wet hop's, 2 Belgian Choc. Stout. Then a Friend is doing His Coffee Stout and another friend is doing a Belgian Wit

So 40g start a 10am should be done at 8pm

7 minutes left in the mash of a Habanero Sculpin clone. Any of you that's been to Ballast Point Brewery in San Diego know what I'm up to. Mmmmmmmm!!!!!

Brewing Yooper's California Common recipe, (late start this am as I slept in some as my arthritic knee is really acting up). Just about ready to preheat the tun!

First post;-)

I brewed my first partial grain this weekend - an oatmeal stout.

Brewed up an Irish red and kegged my Kolsch today. Also harvested Pacman from a bomber of Rogue Brutal Bitter that I am going to step up this week for a batch of Dead Guy Clone next weekend.

My first brew since July. Was gonna do 10 gal of Two Hearted but was questioning if my cooler would hold everything so went with 5gal BIAB style.

Brewing an IPA Columbus FWH and a mix of Amarillo / Cascade @ 20 , 10 & 1 min US 0-5 yeast

Doing an Alaskan Amber clone today. Just got the water for steeping grains heating up. I really miss having my gas stove.

I am chilling a batch of toasted oat amber that I added 4oz of homegrown Columbus wet hops at flame out. My Columbus plant was the only one that yielded much but not bad for a first year plant in a container.

just bottled my imperial graff (yea, I made that style up)

mashing in my whtibread (inspired) historical (inspired) porter. mmmmm brown malt :rockin:

Just put an apple ale in the fermenter with 2 cinnamon sticks in the boil at 5min left and then 2tbsp of vanilla extract at flame out. One gallon of cider tomorrow during active fermentation.

Just brewed 5 gallons of "whatever was left in the closet from last year" ordinary bitter. I'm excited to use my new fermentation freezer ! I hope the beer turns out decent, even with ancient grain and hops.

Brewed again yesterday for the first time in several months. It was a long, but very rewarding brew day. Did a 10g batch of Amarillo Simcoe IPA and another 10g batch of a Belgian Blonde, that I split up - pitched regular 1214 Belgian Abbey Yeast on one of them, and the other I'm starting on S-05, then throwing in the 3278 Lambic Blend to funk things up a bit.

ForumRunner_20120909_164746.jpg

I decided to do protein rests on both batches (first time ever doing a protein rest), just to try and get some better attenuation, and while I hit my numbers pretty good, it made the brew day a lot longer; trying to keep up with sparge water, and run offs-especially doing a double 10 gallon batch. I just need to do it a few more times and get the routine down.

Overall it was a great brew day!

Brewed up an APA this morning. Used only NZ hops: Pacifica and Pacific Gem. I'm calling it Kiwi Pacific Pale Ale.

Racking an IPA to secondary for dry hopping tonight. Also got a batch of brett fermented sour blonde to rack (onto oak) to secondary and a 1 gal batch of cider to bottle. Might be a busy night. Or I might have 4 or 5 more beers and put everything off for another day...

Back