So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Will be brewing Biermuncher's " Blue Balls Belgian Wit". The Starter is chugging along and the gear is set up and ready to go.

Currently grinding some grain in preparation for a Vienna Amarillo SMaSH to be brewed tomorrow morning.

Bottleing another dryhopped ipa and making a Honey-Ginger Pale Ale tommorow morn.Pepper Pale Ale next week!

Bottled my Belgian golden strong ale today, gonna do my first all-grain batch tomorrow - EdWort's Haus Pale Ale!

Just mashed in at 154 on my NB Caribou Slobber
Gonna open a homebrew IPA and kick back for an hour

Just brewed an American Amber after years of hiatus. Many lessons relearned. Good day for brewing in ATL.

Pale ale loosely based on Yooper's and Bee Cave Haus recipes in progress for a friend's b-day party in May. 1st batch using a stand alone induction burner outside. Will be slow at 2100W. Waiting to hit strike temps now. 1 hr and counting.

Kegging a cream ale in the morning, then brewing a ryepa and using the yeast cake (slurry) from the cream ale. I brewed this ryepa once before and didn't like how it turned out. Tweaked the recipe and am rebrewing.

Thats crazy,i brewed a ton of ales and then a lager and after trying the lager out of my assish i thought it was close to my best beer to date. A lager with rye sounds interesting.

jonmohno said:
Thats crazy,i brewed a ton of ales and then a lager and after trying the lager out of my assish i thought it was close to my best beer to date. A lager with rye sounds interesting.

Am I thinking crazy or have I heard of a Rye Bock?

Bottled 5 gallons of cascade/orange pale ale, bottled 2.5 gallons of the same, but with a couple extra lbs. of pale male and smoked malt thrown into the mash to get some low second runnings. Kegged another 5 gallons of the cascade/orange pale ale.

THEN... brewed 10 more gallons of cream ale, version 2.0, less corn, a tad bit more rice, and more pale malt.

Today was all about beer, and I approve.

Quaker said:
1st batch using a stand alone induction burner outside. Will be slow at 2100W. Waiting to hit strike temps now. 1 hr and counting.

This just In, induction burner is a failure. Luckily didn't have a complex hop schedule, so I let it wimpishly simmer for about 3 hours. Time to hit the local markets for a propane burner or back to the stovetop wok burner.

Citra pale ale is mashing right now. I screwed up, though. I calculate my water volumes based on the diameter of my pots. I calculated my strike water based on my boil kettle and not my HLT. I wound up about a gallon short, but used an infusion to get up to the correct volume and temp. We'll see what I'll effects this brings.

Green Flash IPA, strike water heating up. New pump, new brewery configuration, new brew software - going to be an adventure :drunk:

Yesterday I put a Blonde Bock in primary. It's my 5th brew, highest OG (1.086), first use of a yeast starter (airlock is chugging like the Little Engine That Could), first use of Irish Moss, and the first one I'm going to leave in primary and secondary until IT'S ready to come out.

brewed today, 10pounds vienna, 2pounds wheat, 1oz centential FWH, 1oz centential 20min, 1oz centential 5min, 1oz centential 0, us05 yeast. will dryhop with an oz or 2 of centential

Today I brewed up 10lbs of 2-row, 1lb of crystal, 1oz of summit, 1oz of Columbus, and1oz of cascade

ForumRunner_20120415_184140.jpg

While watchin the thunderstorms roll by

Just pitched yeast to my first all-grain (belgian wit, BIAB). I ended up about 3/4 gallon short (now I have a better idea of boil off rate) with an after boil OG of 1.048, target was 1.044.

Well...its not the weekend anymore, but I'm brewing today... 2 1.5bbl batches back to back starting in about 5 hours. Should be a...long day. Been working with/for Trillium Brewing Co. opening in Boston, MA this summer. Check em out: http://trilliumbrewing.com/

Outside of a brewshop run Friday, I didn't do anything this weekend, but next weekend I'll be bottling my IPA and sometime between now and next weekend brewing a saison and a berliner weisse.

My first "too drunk to brew bear!:drunk:

I started around noon yesterday with a beer in hand, skipping lunch. Mistake #1. I brewed up an Arrogant Bastard clone. Dinner rolled around, I was still brewing so I snacked a bit. Mistake #2. Still sipping on a Stone Pale Ale clone...like #6 or so. Doh! I forgot to add Irish Moss to the boil (too much beer), forgot to add Yeast Energizer to the carboy (ditto), added too much wort to the carboy (ditto), fell asleep before I pitched the yeast :)drunk:), woke up 3 hours later disoriented and tried to recover. Sigh!!

Many lessons learned here! Anyhow, I think I recovered and the beer was strongly fermenting (good thing for the blow off hose as it was filling my bucket with foam and CO2). Anyone else ever had too many libations to brew properly?;)

I'm planning to try a roasted IPA that nostalgia brew-day livestreamed a few months back. I'm gonna brew it up on Saturday with a buddy who hasn't ever brewed before. I figure that's about the best possible way to observe National Homebrew Day.

Then, I want to do up EdWort's Haus PA on Monday to properly celebrate.

JeepBrew said:
Yesterday I put a Blonde Bock in primary. It's my 5th brew, highest OG (1.086), first use of a yeast starter (airlock is chugging like the Little Engine That Could), first use of Irish Moss, and the first one I'm going to leave in primary and secondary until IT'S ready to come out.

Here's another first...

ForumRunner_20120416_204809.jpg

Back