So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thinking of doing a cider (Apfelwein) and the try i 1 gal batch of Ancient Orange Mead (by Joe Mattioli) just to try mead. The problem is waiting for these to be done and enjoy them but i'll forget about them (hopefully) and let them age well

All grain amarillo IPA of some sort I just haven't made up my mind on the recipe yet.

Doing my first all-grain brew on Monday (three-day weekend). I'm going to do a three gallon batch of EdWort's robust porter.

Hey. that's funny: I just pitched the yeast in my first all grain too- Ed's porter.

Ended up with 5.5 gallons at 1.066 sg.

Brewing the "Wyfe's Brown Ale" this Sunday. A right tasty brew, in the style of a Sam Smith Nut Brown. Delish.

Doing a version of the Rosemary-Honey Saison posted by eulipion2 alongside an effort to clone Fuller's ESB. since both are long mashes & long boils, I'm gonna try do do them side-by-side :)

"All your home brew are belong to us!"

Hope to brew my black ipa from Norther Brewrey, or my house cascade/falconare's flight ale. Also gotta bottle my speckled heifer I made for a New Years Eve Party.

Half-Hearted... my abstract rendition of a Bell's Two Hearted clone.
Did not have 20L so i substituted 4 oz of 15L and 4 oz 40L.
No Centennials, but plenty of Cascades, so there's that.
And no Bell's yeast, so i used some of my harvested Munton's Premium Gold.

Pleased with the final 5.5 gallons of 1.064.

Just doughed in for a Granny Smith Wit for the wife. Crystal clear skies and 72* outside can't ask for a better day to brew!

mashing BM's Centennial Blonde right now, but im swapping the hops out for Motueka. cant wait for this one!

Nothing this weekend, but next weekend I'll be bottling up my ESB and my Brown Ale, and if I'm lucky I'll have time to brew up the Wit I wasn't able to get to the week of Thanksgiving.

Just finished up brewing my kolsch. Decided to try the No-Sparge method discussed in a recent BYO mag. Everything went great, though I anticipated 55% eff and got 65%. It worked out though, as I had less boil-off than usual and ended with 6g vs my usual 5.5g, so my OG was only 1 point off. It was the first time I actually brewed IN my garage, instead of outside, so that must have affected the boil off rate. I could have boiled it down further, but figured since I was near my OG at 6g may as well stick with it. One thing I learned: I won't be able to do anything larger than a 1.050 beer in my 10g Igloo cooler with this method. It was literally filled to the rim with all the grains/water added.

Brewing up a 10g batch of Rye IPA (Biermunchers?) and 10g of Black Pearl Porter which is a repeat brew. Very excited about it. Might wash some WLP001 while I'm at it.

Brewing up a Bear Republic Racer 5 clone by AHS this sunday. This is still one of my all time favorite beers and first attempt at a clone so we'll see how it turns out. Cant wait!

Brewin today, called in to work. Doin a clone of LakeFronts IBA, cold here so have to brew in the house, forgot how long it takes to do a full boil on the stove!!!

Brewin today, called in to work. Doin a clone of LakeFronts IBA, cold here so have to brew in the house, forgot how long it takes to do a full boil on the stove!!!

Nice, I have that one on my list. I did the Fixed Gear clone from NB (using my own ingredients) and it was good.

I did a double brew day today (first time ever), just wrapping up and turned on the hockey game I DVR'd at 7PM.

I did an blue moon'ish wit, with a combination of 2 row, vienna, flaked wheat, malted wheat.

Followed that up with DeathBrewer's Vienna SMaSH (with Northern Brewer hops).

Back