So who's brewing this weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm about 20 mins into my first boil of my first batch ever - Nut Brown Ale extract kit from NB.

I just finished brewing an ESB - 11 gallons of goodness in the fermenter. Tomorrow I secondary a bourbon barrel old ale. Next week I brew a pale ale and bottle a northern English brown ale.

I just finished brewing a 10 gallon batch of my award winning Vienna Lager, on "Ihatehoward's" cool rims system. He handicapped so we're trying to make his system easier for him to use, and dial some stuff in. It was a fun session, and he has more gear than most LHB's. He's built probably every design on here and on youtube, including Jamil's recirculating chiller, which I'm checking out the cool vortex action.

IMG00141.jpg

Actually i'm snorting vienna malt and hallertaur hops.

I just finished brewing a 10 gallon batch of my award winning Vienna Lager, on "Ihatehoward's" cool rims system. He handicapped so we're trying to make his system easier for him to use, and dial some stuff in. It was a fun session, and he has more gear than most LHB's. He's built probably every design on here and on youtube, including Jamil's recirculating chiller, which I'm checking out the cool vortex action.
Actually i'm snorting vienna malt and hallertaur hops.
Hopefully your glasses didn't fall in...

Today I'm bottling an Irish Stout and tomorrow I'm brewing a Dead Guy clone.

Saison bubblin away from yesterday, and splittin an oktoberfest recipe between a wyeast lager yeast and safale tomorrow.

American Pale Ale, based on Papazian's Akka Lakka.

wanted to brew my Maibock, but the fermentation chamber isn't in the basement yet :(

2 stuck sparges even with a half pound of rice hulls but I ended up collecting all the wort I needed. I'm an hour behind but its boiling now. This is the first time I've used Quaker quick oats as opposed to flaked oats from my LHBS and coincidentally this is the first stuck sparge I've ever had. Oh well, I'll be sure to make note of that in my brew log for future reference.

I'm going to do a SMaSH with Great Western 2-row and Willamette when I get home from this little vacation to the coast. I'll be pitching a Kolsch yeast cake. This is the first time I'll be doing a SMaSH, and I'm looking forward to it!

Oh, and I need to clean two kegs, rack my Augustinerbrau into one and the Patersbier into the other, so I can begin lagering them both. This will be a busy afternoon!

"Holiday Cheer" from Papazian and EdWort's Apfelwein. :) Racked both to primary yesterday and they're churning away right now. Funny how much hotter the ale ferments than the apfelwein. Left alone, the ale is running at 74F and the apfelwein is at 66F. Looks like wet towel time for the ale carboy.

Yesterday, I brewed 6 gallons of Robust oatmeal porter that a friend and I threw together.
Missed the gravity just a little bit but it'll be fine.

friends and I did 4 brews...

Orange Coriander Extra Pale Ale
Bass Ale Clone
Lemon Coriander Weiss
India Brown Ale

We're all pretty stoked, it was a long brew day, 930am -> 400pm but we had fun!

I just finished cleaning up from another great brewday. I had a WLP-550 Belgian Ale yeast cake from a blonde that needed kegged, so I brewed an amberish/brownish recipe that I threw together this morning. The LHBS didn't carry some of the grains I wanted, so I improvised a little. It started as a mixture of a couple different Fat Tire clone recipes. not sure exactly it will be other than beer. If it's awesome I'll post it, as brewed in the recipes forum.

fixin to brew up my first RIS this weekend! will be named after the old WWF wrestler 'Nikolai Volkov'

I am going to brew Charlie Papazian's Elbro Nerkte Brown Ale.

I have heard some good things so I am pretty excited. .

I finished brewing a Founders Breakfast Stout clone; color looks great, I tossed in 3 oz of chocolate and a few scoops of good coffee on a whim. I took the recipe off of the recipe sections of this site. The extract version.
I've got big hopes! OG was 1070.
I've got an English bitter to do later today or tomorrow. I ran out of bags for my specialty grains on the clone and ended up using a white undershirt! A clean one of course. I'm just making beer!

Back