So, my wife is a first grade teacher.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MajorJC

Too many hobbies... not enough time.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
....and she has been trying for a few years to get me to buy her a color laser printer so she can print things to put on the walls in her classroom and to make her class newsletter look better.

So last week I finally ordered "her" an HP color laser printer.

Don't tell her that I really ordered it to print beer labels with. :)

She did ask me today why there was a saucer of milk on the island in the kitchen. I took the fifth.

A first grade teacher?? Good GAWD… give her whatever she wants!
A committed educator - spending her own money to decorate her classroom. Classic...
There's probably no budget at the district level for anything extra she needs......
She's to be applauded! Sorry sir! Your labels are secondary.
My wife retired from 46 years in special ed .
I've heard too many stories. Your wife is wonderful. Please give her a cyber hug from an old fart that knows what she's up against.

A first grade teacher?? Good GAWD… give her whatever she wants!
A committed educator - spending her own money to decorate her classroom. Classic...
There's probably no budget at the district level for anything extra she needs......
She's to be applauded! Sorry sir! Your labels are secondary.
My wife retired from 46 years in special ed .
I've heard too many stories. Your wife is wonderful. Please give her a cyber hug from an old fart that knows what she's up against.

Thanks, yeah, she is pretty great. And no, her district does not provide anywhere near what she actually needs. The last laser printer we bought was a black HP that finally wore out after 12 or so years and MANY cases of paper that we bought out of our own pocket. Toward the end of the school year last year I replaced that old one with a new black laser printer and shortly after our color inkjet printer went out. So school started back last week and I surprised her with the new color laser printer. You are actually correct, there is no way I would have paid that much for a printer for beer bottle labels, that IS just a secondary benefit. But she saw me printing the beer bottle labels tonight and she accused me of buying her something because I wanted it. Kind of like that time I bought her a plasma cutter and wire welder. (jk)

Buy her whatever she wants if it makes her happy. Money can't buy love, but a happy wife=a happy life.
Now if you can talk her into becoming a high school science teacher, you can buy her
all kinds of "lab equipment" so she can teach the kids how yeast works, fermentation, why temperatures need to be controlled.......

Latest posts

Back