So much for a relaxing hobby

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

knarfks

Reaction score
My freaking mash tun dumped over on me, 5 gallons of 170 water and grains down my leg and in my shoe. Today has sucked from second one. I got screwed on a washer/dryer from craigslist the main seal is out seller nowhere to be found, so I figured I would relax and make some beer, but now my hot wort is all over me, in my shoe and on my porch. At least it wasn't the boiling wort. I need a day off from my day off.:mad:

170º? I hear that doesn't even feel that hot...:p :p

Seriously though, that sucks dude, but don't worry, it happens to the best of us. Maybe its time to break out the reserves and drink till you can't feel feelings anymore!:mug:

Heh, uglygoat, that was my first thought too. If that'd happened to me, my thought process would have went like "ow oh god the pain it hurts!! Ahhhh gotta scoop all this back into the mashtun!! Ow my hands they hurt oh god the pain! I wonder how much I'll have to sparge to get the taste of garage floor leavings taste out of the wort. Hmm... I think I'm blistering, better go get the burn packs from the medicine chest."

I feel your pain knarfks. If it makes you feel better, there's nothing quite like the pain of touching a keg that's been on the burner for an hour onto a bare knee while trying to lift said keg of wort off the burner. I still have the scar.

EvilTOJ said:
I feel your pain knarfks. If it makes you feel better, there's nothing quite like the pain of touching a keg that's been on the burner for an hour onto a bare knee while trying to lift said keg of wort off the burner. I still have the scar.

This is my badge of honor(stupidity) from doing just that;
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b171/elromesque/HPIM2448.jpg

No physical scars, just emotional. :)

I went out and found that Boulevard has a new line of ales. I may be a lightweight, but after the "quadruple ale", and "Doublewide IPA" I had to crash on the couch of a friend.

BTW boulevard quadruple ale was great, the IPA was the hoppiest thing I have ever tasted for those who love that. It was like chewing a wad of chinook...smacked you in the face with every sip.

Back