SO . . It is big brew day, whatchya making?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For the first time in a couple of years I actually am brewing on BBD. Last two years I either didn't have grain or $$ to get any. This year I'm making a batch of American Strong, that may or may not be aged on bourbon-soaked oak cubes. Hoping for ABV in the 8-9% range.

Black IPA mini-mash is going.

Attachments

• IMG_20220507_100838.jpg
    IMG_20220507_100838.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 0
Trying a New England IPA with Thiol Libre. I have Cascade in the mash and whirlpool and will dry hop with Citra + Mosaic.

Well, I did get around to it finally. First i fired up the pit and got some coals going figuring it was a good pulled pork day too - might as well multi-task right! Then I dug out 11 lbs of Weyerman Munich I had sitting here and did a sort of straight up Dunkel. Took a cue from an old Brew TV episode where Dawson brewed a Dunkel only treated it as a Kellerbeir. So I did a double decoction, and then put the wort to bed with a couple packets of 34-70 that I am fermenting a bit on the warmer side. In a couple weeks we will crash it, hit it with jello, and give it a quick couple weeks on the gas and enjoy young. Traditionalists be damned!

Made nothing...but stood around watching guys in my club brew. Second year in a row Shovel Town brewery here in Mass has hosted us for Big Brew Day. Helps that their head brewer is in our club!

Back