So, I'm in the basement with SWBMO...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zoebisch01

Reaction score
..and all of a sudden I smell alcohol. I was like "did you just drink something"? She's like "No!?" and I look at her puzzled, cause I know I smell it...so I follow my nose. I go into one corner and the smell is getting stronger. Now, I have an old basement and sometimes I get water leaking in a little, but I look and running down the side of the stone wall is what looks like water. I get closer, touch it and smell. Yup, beer. What the! I immediately knew what had happened.

Last week I brewed an APA and left it ferment in the pail. I have one of those ones with a spigot that I use as my backup (other one is full). I knew right away that Miles, our youngest had gotten mischevious. The beer ran across the floor, into a hole and down into the basement. He was sitting on the couch with the others like nothing had happened, lol. Little bugger. I lost about a gallon, so it was saved in time :D.

"So, I'm in the basement with SWBMO... "

I thought we were getting a boneyard story ;)

If our oldest (almost 3) had done that, I doubt it would have made it to the basement...we'd have found him with his head under the spigot. Kid loves beer.

My 8 year old got quite a shock when he opened the tap on my espresso stout - the tap had been unused for a while, and he was NOT expecting the fountain of beer that erupted! Not much was lost, and we had a good laugh - as well as a conversation about never touching the taps, even if he thinks nothing is hooked up :D

Hehe, how else was I gonna lure people into my thread :fro:

Yeah it was funny afterwards. The really funny thing is (he's 2) that he was just sitting up on the couch with his older brother and sister like nothing had happened :D.

Bike N Brew said:
"So, I'm in the basement with SWBMO... "

I thought we were getting a boneyard story ;)

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that. I keep all of my brewing equipment in my basement and the kids never go down there, so I've been able to avoid any child related beer disasters so far.

ohiobrewtus said:
I'm glad I'm not the only one that thought that. I keep all of my brewing equipment in my basement and the kids never go down there, so I've been able to avoid any child related beer disasters so far.

I do normally....but...during the winter I can only lager in the basement. It gets too cold for Ales. There are some spots of the house upstairs that are perfect for it though.

Back