So I'm finally ready...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scubbastv

Reaction score
I finally, after lurking here for about a year, have gathered all my equipment that I need to start. I've done a few batches of Edworts Apfelwein but no beer yet. I'm kinda short on space so I was thinking of doing smaller batches, 1 gallon, especially after I saw Brooklyn Brew Shop's site. I have 2 cases worth of 8oz coke bottle so it'll be perfect. I even made a 2 gallon mash tun. I'm going to ferment in a 2 1/2 gallon bucket. My first batch is going to be a Apple Crisp Amber Ale. I did the recipe in Beersmith. Pics and recipe to follow to follow.

Welcome to the hobby. You will be doing 5 gallon batches before long and bottling in bombers.

.......... You will soon figure that doing 5 gallons is not much more effort than doing 1 gallon, and bottling in bigger bottles reduces the effort ....... or go to kegs.

Welcome to the hobby. You will be doing 5 gallon batches before long and bottling in bombers.

.......... You will soon figure that doing 5 gallons is not much more effort than doing 1 gallon, and bottling in bigger bottles reduces the effort ....... or go to kegs.

Well I've got a fridge in my shed (future kegerator) but I just moved from my old house into an apartment (thanks to a divorce)... So I don't really have the extra room.

Here is the recipe:

Apple Crisp Ale 1 gallon

1 lbs, 6 oz Briess 2-Row Brewer's Malt
0 lbs, 8 oz Briess 2 Row Caramel 40
0 lbs, 0.08 oz Crisp Chocolate Malt
.45 oz @ 60 mins Fuggles Pellets, UK
.1 oz @ 10 mins Fuggles Pellets, UK

2 ea @ 10 mins Apples
1 ea @ 10 mins Cinnamon Stick

.5 ea SAFALE US-05 American Ale

Back