So I just cracked open my first HB.....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EcuPirate07

Beer is a food group
Reaction score
And I must say its pretty damn good. Its an American IPA, It had great carbonation and the color is awsome. I caught myself grinning from ear to ear as I held something in my hands that I made. Great feeling. Cheers and heres to more HB to come :mug:

Hand crafted beer from your own kitchen just tastes d@mn good. Congrats, and:mug: to many more.

Now my next question is, its only been in the bottle a week I just tried one in to make sure everything was going as planned. I know that it will get better with time. But my question is, do I go ahead and but them in the fridge for another week or two or just a keep them at room temp for the next week or two?

I caught myself grinning from ear to ear as I held something in my hands that I made.

I did the exact same thing.
Actually...I shivered more than anything as I tipped the first glass back. And this was only the sample from the first hydrometer reading!!!

I think it's recommended to leave it at room temp/out of the light for 3 weeks...then put it in the fridge. That's what I find.
btw, the difference in taste between a 2 weeks carbed beer and a 3 week one is dramatic. I just had a buddy over tonight and they were so much fuller in flavor after that extra week.

Back