So I Have This Idea... (HBT calendar)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gratus fermentatio

Reaction score
OK, I've noticed the HBT glasses, and some various swag from various brewers on this site, I've seen the "Show us your SWMBO" thread & while I haven't actually viewed the "Brewbabes," I get the idea. Now maybe somebody already thought this up, but have you ever thought about an HBT calendar? Now it could be a calendar with pics of brew rigs, bars, beers, etc...

Or it could be a calendar with volunteer brewbabes, SWMBO's, and Female brewers. I suppose to be fair & politically correct, we might have to consider another with guys (for the ladies of course). We could make a contest out of it, let everyone vote on the pics submitted, maybe award the 12-14 winners with a free calendar. In theory, we could all donate couple dollars/pounds/euros/etc... to the cause, and the site gets to profit from the sales. Whaddayathink?

I think it might be a cool fundraiser for the site. I can always use more beer swag in my apartment!

I vote that the picture of the girl with hops covering her...nakedness be the front cover.

My old avatar? I have never found a hi-res version of that image :(

I know! I can't even find it anymore. I found it a few years ago when I was googling "hops" so I could build a vector image of one. After it was your Av, I haven't been able to find it again.

Ya, same here. That's exactly how I found the image as well. All I did was google "hops" and there it was.

On the subject of the calendar, I think that could be cool. But as far as a contest goes I think that I would shy away because, after high school, I fear selective competition...

Not my fault. I was pressing for it, but never got ANY word back from the powers that be about it. Either no decision was reached, or there was never any belief that it was important to inform anyone about the decision.

If I knew any hot chicks, I'd start doing it, but I'm just a bitter old man with no friends.

Here are a couple of good entrys...

HopsHolsterGirl.jpg

beer_bottle_mouth_girl1.jpg

Love at first sight, that's what!

That first pic is nice, but seriously, Coors Light? blegh.

Maybe not, but that last picture has a certain... well... coolness to it.

A scantily clad brunette brewbabe in his place would be great, though.

WTF is going on in that last picture, hayabusa?!

That young lady was demonstrating her ability to use her throat muscles to open a bottle of homebrew.... what else could it have been going on?? GEESH!

All these hot young chicks half naked is just so, well, boring.

So true... HAHAHAHAAAAA!!!!!

Well, true in a way. I do like the above picture.

But the main focus of my original calendar was not using beer as an excuse to showcase pretty young ladies. (I DO have the interwebs ya know. I don't need a calendar to check out pics of hot chicks).

The original intent was to showcase our members' homebrew, and have lovely young ladies presenting it. Much in the same way that Hot Rod calendars and magazines often have young ladies standing next to the cars.

Of course I'd be all for just images of beer, and it would be a LOT easier to shoot as well. Young ladies would be nice, but not required IMO.

The idea evolved into a calendar showcasing our favorite homebrew recipes, with pictures of our actual members homebrew, complete with recipes and conversion charts, etc.

Dates could be included for brewing certain styles, and for which beers should be drank when.

I also suggest larger Saturday and Sunday days cause you know we usually do our brewing on the weekends, so that might give us room to jot notes and reminders.

Now, I'm not good enough to provide brew and recipes, but I'd love to have a calendar like this, with beer p0rn and useful information.

So, who owns a printing press and wants to man up for the cause? I'm sure everyone can provide a couple of cool pics to vote on, but it ultimately comes down to who wants to front the real work, and possibly cost. I'm sure that's why the idea never comes to fruition.

A mustang-related forum that I used to frequent did annual calendars. The members submitted photos of their cars and the best ones made it into the calendar. It was sort of like a contest. However, each entrant got their own car on the cover of their calendar I believe.

I emailed the forum owner and he said he uses Fedex Office. I'm not sure what the total cost is, or if it would be possible to add recipes and calculations, etc., but I think he was selling his for $20-$25 each.

I'm considering using an Excel Calendar Template and adding the features we want, and then see if I can get a printing company to print them up and maybe bind them myself or see what it would cost to have them print and bind them.

EDIT: Each member got their own car on the month of December, not the cover.

I went to a few stores today and got some prices. Looks like the range from not too bad quality for less than $10, to better quality for around $15.

Of course these prices are preliminary and based on 13 months (12 +1 for formulas, charts, etc.)

They were both color copier printing, the cheaper one on thinner paper, the more expensive one on card stock. Those prices include a rough guess on packaging and mailing.

I'll try and post an image of what I envision it to look like.

Back