Snowed in!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RichBrewer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
It looks like we will be snowed in here in the Denver area. There is a blizzard warning from now until noon tomorrow. We've already gotten over 5 inches of snow and it is getting worse. They are saying we could get over a foot to 2 feet before it is done.
The base closed at 11 and I just got home.
Time to hunker down and crack some home brews! :mug:

I'm jealous, too. All our snow melted, along with the ice on the lakes.:mad:

:off:
a brief thread-jacking:
1000 POSTS!!
:off:

Ok- carry on:eek:

A life of addiction starts with the 1000th post!

Snows all gone here below 2000 feet. But, it's near freezing and the drizzle might change to snow. I don't much care either way, I've had plenty of white, green, brown & black-ice Solstices. I just want my frickin' driveway graded!

We had a snow-in situation here about three weeks ago! I suggest doing what I did. I used the free time to brew!:ban: :mug:

RichBrewer said:
Your 1000th post didn't have near the hoopla of rdwj's. Please give it a little more effort when you get to your 2,000th. ;) :mug:

True. I didn't have the foresight to start a poll on the topic of said post. Not that I would know how.......

Hopfan said:
Hmmmm...methinks there's villainy afoot....over 3200 posts in less than 7 months. You do the math...;)

Could be possible ( 3200 / (365/12*7))= 15 posts per day.

P.S. Blatently using this to get my own post count up!!!:D

Well I'm finally dug out. We still aren't going anywhere because there is at least 2 feet of snow on the streets. They don't ever plow the side streets so I don't know when we will be able to get out.
Oh well- More home brew~:mug:
2967-Snow.jpg

Me too. That's the kind of snowstorms we used to get when I was a kid. Snowdrifts up as high as your roof, and then after the snow quit we'd get about 2 weeks of below zero weather. Not any more....damned El Nino and global warming:mad:

ablrbrau said:
Me too. That's the kind of snowstorms we used to get when I was a kid. Snowdrifts up as high as your roof, and then after the snow quit we'd get about 2 weeks of below zero weather. Not any more....damned El Nino and global warming:mad:
Now this feels like global warming! :D

dibby33 said:
Could be possible ( 3200 / (365/12*7))= 15 posts per day.

P.S. Blatently using this to get my own post count up!!!:D

It's legit; I'm a fast typer with enough monitors at work where I can leave one on HBT while I (actually do) work. Doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about, just that I don't know when to shut the hell up.

Now, if someone wants to question TxBrew about HIS "9,500" or however many posts.... well, go right ahead ;)

the_bird said:
Now, if someone wants to question TxBrew about HIS "9,500" or however many posts.... well, go right ahead ;)

Now we all know TX came by his post count legitimately.

coughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcoughcough...

:D Excuse me. :D

Ize

Orpheus said:
Nah,

God is punishing you because you have the GABF and all that in your state! If you boast, it will come with a price!
I guess I shouldn't mention that the AHA's conference will be here next summer...:D

I guess I really shouldn't complain that I had a little frost on my windshield when I went to work the other morning. :D As much as I don't care for Los Angeles, the thought of having to do manual labor just to get out of the house has me thinking twice. If I was in Denver right now I'd be thankful that I have about a full case each of my barleywine, imperial stout, doppelbock and old ale. :drunk:

the_bird said:
It's legit; I'm a fast typer with enough monitors at work where I can leave one on HBT while I (actually do) work. Doesn't mean I know what I'm talking about, just that I don't know when to shut the hell up.

If only the DOW would rise as quickly...;)

Brewsmith said:
I guess I really shouldn't complain that I had a little frost on my windshield when I went to work the other morning. :D As much as I don't care for Los Angeles, the thought of having to do manual labor just to get out of the house has me thinking twice. If I was in Denver right now I'd be thankful that I have about a full case each of my barley wine, imperial stout, pullback and old ale. :drunk:
and I'm going to do more digging today. I still can't get out of my culdesac. But I do have an adequate supply of home brew. :D

We got 4 overnight and I had to break out the shovel. None too happy about that. At least there was rum to warm me up.

Now of course... Beer.

Ize

I'm hoping. I've been iced in for almost two weeks, but it looks like my driveway is finally clear enough to get the tow truck in, to take my dead van to the dealer. I had six inches of ice in the ruts.

Gee wiz. We finally have a snow covering. Biggest snow of the year and it's about 1". It's been nice not having to shovel, but I really just want a big storm to lock us in for a day...preferably on a Friday. :D

yep Ft. Huachuca is closed today due to snow!!!! This hasnt happened in about 15 years. So now worky today for me!

Chimone said:
yep Ft. Huachuca is closed today due to snow!!!! This hasnt happened in about 15 years. So now worky today for me!

Sheesh, pretty soon all those hoping to move 'down south' from the north will not have to go anywhere lol.

zoebisch01 said:
Sheesh, pretty soon all those hoping to move 'down south' from the north will not have to go anywhere lol.

blame it on Al Gore and his global warming

Chimone said:

Well you just answered a question for me. I emailed my mom, but if post is closed then she's not at work! You guys are the same temp as I am, and there's nothing funny about that.

Ok, well for me it's a little funny. :D

Ize

Back