Snow!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Philistine

Reaction score
First snow of the season. Here's hoping for A LOT more! The past couple years have been disappointing to say the least.

snow10-27-13a_zps5669b4de.jpg

We had a little bit in the air a few weeks ago but it melted as soon as it hit anything. It's warmed way up again now.

No snow yet. Hoping we stay nice and not snowy for a while yet. This California girl isn't used to this whole frozen water business.

I gotta say, snow is beautiful and I love looking at it, but I'll stay down here for now. I had the air conditioning on yesterday.

But I do envy you the whole White Christmas thing!

We had some last Tues but it melted as soon as it hit the ground. I am hoping it won't stay until the end of November. I like the look of snow, but would rather not deal with it until closer to Christmas.

Left Indiana 27 years ago.... it was snowing. I haven't looked back.

I do enjoy cooler weather, and small amounts of snow once or twice a year. But getting up an hour early every morning to shovel a path just to get out of the driveway so that I can go to work.... You can have all of that. I'll move north after retirement, but only half way.

One of my earliest jobs was working at a full service gas station. I once worked in -80 degree wind chill. Absolutely for the birds. My mustach literally froze that evening. People would just slightly crack their window and shove a 5 dollar bill out of it, then roll the window back up while I sood out there pumping gas.

brrrrr..... No thank you.

Give me a nice fireplace, plenty of wood to burn, and no place to go.... That's the kind of cold I'll retire to. Being able to look at it through a window, or on short walks to get more wood for the fireplace.... and not absolutely having to go anywhere, or work in it...

And don't even get me started on driving on ice and snow....

And don't even get me started on driving on ice and snow....

Being from SC, the only reason I can drive in it is because I've done plenty of traveling in CO and WV. I'm scared of everyone else, all the people who have absolutely no idea how to handle ice.

About the only good thing I have to say for snow is that it looks nice (from inside). Otherwise, it's cold, wet, and gets in places it shouldn't. I spend a fair amount of time in AK for my previous job and I think I've had my fill of snow for a while. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Alaska. I just don't like it from October-March.

Back