Snow Day !!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So, we're having a pretty big storm today in Downeast Maine. Big enough to shut down my office. But I'm the boss, and am just sitting around surfing the net, listening to some twirtly little flute something on NPR.
BUT WAIT- I have a beer all ready to brew at home that I was planning on getting to next weekend. And nothing to do...... :mug:
This is like a 'Get out of jail free' card. I'm wicked excited. And only other HBers would understand.
Later. I'll add to the "2016 How many gallons" thread when I'm done. I'm heading home. :ban:

Cheers! I took off all week. Going to pick up a chest freezer from Lowe's a little later for a keezer build. Just dry hopped a smash this morning and will keg it in a few days!

Pretty nasty here in Halifax. Beautiful day yesterday and I called off brewing on the simple fact that beer is consuming my life!!!!

Did I just say that?!!

Carry on... As you were. I'm ok.

'Spring Snowstorm Porter' is in the bucket. Nailed my 1.064 planned OG on the head, and the OG sample looked and tasted just what I wanted.
Pretty nice brewing in the garage, looking out into the raging storm. And since I wasn't going to be driving, I started off with a Pilsner Urquell that I had been saving, then tried my 'Valentine's Irish Red' which is just getting drinkable, and now a 'Gunslinger Cranberry Graf' while entering my notes into the computer. It's been a GOOD day. :mug:

I remember snow days when I was a kid growing up in NY. Good luck brewing and working on your brew related projects and stay warm!

John

'Spring Snowstorm Porter' is in the bucket. Nailed my 1.064 planned OG on the head, and the OG sample looked and tasted just what I wanted.
Pretty nice brewing in the garage, looking out into the raging storm. And since I wasn't going to be driving, I started off with a Pilsner Urquell that I had been saving, then tried my 'Valentine's Irish Red' which is just getting drinkable, and now a 'Gunslinger Cranberry Graf' while entering my notes into the computer. It's been a GOOD day. :mug:

It is a great feeling when you know you can brew on short notice! Hm, now that the porter is out of the way, you have to figure out what to do next weekend. :tank:

Snow day brew day's are the best. Brewing in the snow is fun especially when you have cover from the wind and falling snow. I did the same thing as you this past weekend. I had a beer I was planning to brew on Sunday but Saturday it was snowing most of the day so I brewed it then. Turned out to be a great day as well!
Cheers man. Enjoy the snow.

Sounding more and more like we are going to get nailed Wednesday night/Thursday here...... Might have to put some yeast on the stir plate just in case school is cancelled. Can always use it Friday or Saturday if I don't need it on Thursday. Nice break when those days come around.

Back