Snow already??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It snowed a little here yesterday....first snow ride on the bike for the year, kind of cool but I think I could have waited a little longer...:(

We had snow in Boulder a few weeks ago (although its supposed to be high 60s tomorrow) and ski season is well underway up in the mountains

They predicted some snow but all i have seen so far is a brief accumulation of sleet. We do occasionally see snow in October so it is not that unusual here, however we don't usually see it stick around long until Thanksgiving or later.
Craig

Supposed to snow a little bit here today too. I need to get my winter wheels on asap.

I am so not ready for the snow. damn it, I hate brushing off the car in the morning and dealing with people who have driven in the snow for 40 years but act like they live in hawaii and just had a blizzard.

Yeah. First time I've ever seen snow this early in NJ. Its actually starting to accumulate...:drunk:

In the Poconos when I was a kid, it wasn't uncommon to have plenty of snow on the ground before Thanksgiving. They have been calling for flurries here, but we really haven't seen any yet.

In the Poconos when I was a kid, it wasn't uncommon to have plenty of snow on the ground before Thanksgiving. They have been calling for flurries here, but we really haven't seen any yet.

I remember one Thanksgiving when I was about 6-7 that it was snowing here, but we're not even past Halloween yet!

I dunno man, in recent years we haven't even seen a hard freeze until late January and even then, it melts. No ice skating for you! Come back, one year!

I remember going up to my grandparents in NH and VT for thanksgiving and every year you knew they would have plenty of snow for skiing, sledding, etc. Not so anymore

I really think of winter starting (the weather not the season) when the ground freezes and the snow stays. Winters have been pushing back here for the past 5 years or so. We have these cold stints that last a week or so, and then the temperature seems to ride back up. It was last year or the year before that I remember being in a T-shirt around Thanksgiving time. I long for a cold winter (although not at high oil prices :D) for many reasons, one among them being insect control.

I remember walking seven miles, uphill, through the snow to school every day. In May. :D

Oh, wait, that was my dad.

We get snow in New England whenever, really. I'm really hoping for the cliche white Christmas. Haven't had one in awhile. Until then, the snow can stay away.

This year has been cooler than normal since the summer. I usually can't stand NJ humidity in the summer, but this year was fine. Looks like that is going to continue...

We had some big flakes in Iselin today. We went over to Uno's in Edison for some nice hot soup for lunch today. Was worth going out in the slushy mess...

Yup, this was out my window this morning:

SBCP1140396.jpg

And I'm hosting an outdoor brewout next weekend... lovely.

that makes me shiver just looking at that picture!

I just went boogie boarding about 2 days ago and thought "hmm . . . getting a little cold. I may need to start wearing a wet suit." that's about as cold as I can handle.

I "Trick or Treated" in the snow several times while living in Ramsey, NJ.

Parts of Idaho had snow on the 12th, which is a new record. Including Idaho Falls, a place I hope to NEVER see again. I had frost in May, June, August & September this year. No snow yet.

Latest posts

Back