SNIZZLE Tasting / Brew outing (Illinois Brewers)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did everyone end up polishing off those two 22 oz. of my double? It looked like the vanilla bourbon stout and the mild I brought were almost cashed when I left. Hope nothing went to waste

DBbrew, that kolsch you brought was outstanding, one of the best kolsches I've ever had.

I think we decided it would be best to save things that were capped and concentrate on growlers and other open containers

I know some of you guys were talking about going to the next Urban Knaves of Grain club meeting. Just to let you know, the next meeting is on Thursday, January 31st. It's $12 to join for the year (well worth it) and the meeting is at John's Buffet in Warrenville. I think the meeting starts around 8 p.m., but people usually show up a little earlier.

The Leftovers:
1 22oz bottle of something - Sean
2 Grolsh bottles of something - Sean
1/3 Growler Of Dogfishhead - Mark
1 Growler of Hob Goblin, not sure how much - Rod

I'll bring the full bottles to the next "Meeting". I'll return everyone's growlers then if I don't see you in the mean time.

Snakebone said:
The Leftovers:
1 22oz bottle of something - Sean
2 Grolsh bottles of something - Sean
1/3 Growler Of Dogfishhead - Mark
1 Growler of Hob Goblin, not sure how much - Rod

I'll bring the full bottles to the next "Meeting". I'll return everyone's growlers then if I don't see you in the mean time.

That's not bad. It sounds like we drank most of it for you... :D

One thing I didn't get is everyone's online name. I know who FrementEd, Snakebone and Rhoobarb, but I didn't catch the rest. (bating .500....)

SRM775 - Sean
RDWJ - Rod
Chris - (short blond haired guy)Non HBT'r but he likes beer. A guy I work with.
Brian - RDWJ's brother-in-law and probably future brewer.

Snakebone said:
SRM775 - Sean
RDWJ - Rod
Chris - (short blond haired guy)Non HBT'r but he likes beer. A guy I work with.
Brian - RDWJ's brother-in-law and probably future brewer.

It's all coming back to me now!!!

SRM775 do you have the recipe for your mild? I really enjoyed that beer.

db_brew said:
SRM775 do you have the recipe for your mild? I really enjoyed that beer.

Yeah, I think I have it at home. I'll check and PM you the recipe ... I still have a bunch, you wanna do a trade? Your kolsch for my mild?

srm775 said:
DBbrew, that kolsch you brought was outstanding, one of the best kolsches I've ever had.

Thanks! I might be able to trade a 2 liter of my Kolsch for a 2 liter of your mild.... I don't know how much of the Kolsh I have left. That beer actually went really quick, much quicker than I'd ever thought. It was a very simple recipe that I fermented in the basement at low temps then moved it to my garage to lager. I lagered it for about a month or so.... Good thing about this beer is that I use vanguard hops and these hops should be one of the few that are available... Where abouts do you live? I'm about 5 miles southwest of downtown Plainfield. I am going to try and brew this weekend, but given my current track record I'm not sure if it's going to work out....

cheers!

db_brew said:
Thanks! I might be able to trade a 2 liter of my Kolsch for a 2 liter of your mild.... I don't know how much of the Kolsh I have left. That beer actually went really quick, much quicker than I'd ever thought. It was a very simple recipe that I fermented in the basement at low temps then moved it to my garage to lager. I lagered it for about a month or so.... Good thing about this beer is that I use vanguard hops and these hops should be one of the few that are available... Where abouts do you live? I'm about 5 miles southwest of downtown Plainfield. I am going to try and brew this weekend, but given my current track record I'm not sure if it's going to work out....

Yeah, it was a really smooth light beer. I think it contrasted really well with the heavier stuff. We'll maybe have to do a recipe exchange also.

I'm plannin' on brewing this weekend also. If anyone is interested in coming by and brewing or hanging out and drinking a few beers, just PM.

srm775 said:
... I'm plannin' on brewing this weekend also. ...

Hope you're brewing indoors! Supposed to be bitterly cold Saturday. A high of 8oF, if we're lucky!:eek: :( I was going to do a Dubble (I was inspired after last Friday night!) that day, but am putting it off. Think I'll just stay inside and finish off the last of the Holiday Lager.

Any one going to the Urban Knaves of Grain monthly meeting tonight? I'm planning on going and will be there around 7 p.m. I believe the meeting starts around 8 p.m.

srm775 said:
Any one going to the Urban Knaves of Grain monthly meeting tonight? I'm planning on going and will be there around 7 p.m. I believe the meeting starts around 8 p.m.

I'd like to, but can't. I'm having more medical tests done this afternoon and will be leaving work early. If I was going to be here at work all day, I'd go. Have to catch the next meeting.

I mentioned it to SWMBO yesterday and got "the look". I've been gone two nights this week already with school-related activities, so I sort of understand.

Plus, we're supposed to get a TON of snow tonight

Back