SNIZZLE Taste Testing??

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rdwj

Reaction score
The beers we made at our last SNIZZLE get-together should be just about ready to go. We discussed getting together for a tasting (and perhaps some more brewing). How do schedules look for the next few weekends?

I can't send IM's to groups anymore, so this will have to do.

Funny, Cheese and I were PM'ing yesterday and I mentioned this.

Next weekend (5/4-5), the assistant brewer and I will be visiting her hometown of Charleston, SC. The weekend after that, she goes in for her long awaited surgery and I'll be playing nurse. And before Cheese asks, no, I won't be wearing a uniform.

Possibly the weekend of the 5/18-19th or 5/25-26th?

:off: BTW, looks like the Gordon Biersch in Bolingbrook opens this weekend!

Rhoobarb said:
Funny, Cheese and I were PM'ing yesterday and I mentioned this.

Next weekend (5/4-5), the assistant brewer and I will be visiting her hometown of Charleston, SC. The weekend after that, she goes in for her long awaited surgery and I'll be playing nurse. And before Cheese asks, no, I won't be wearing a uniform.

Possibly the weekend of the 5/18-19th or 5/25-26th?

Not enough beer - or hard alcohol - in the world to wash away that filthy, filthy image of Rhoob in a stripper-nurse outfit, sliding down a pole. (When I think of nurses, I typically think of strippers.)

I think I'm free both of those weekends, assuming that neither of them are Mother's Day.

BTW, best wishes to Assistant Brewer in her surgery.

Rhoobarb said:
Thanks; I'll pass them along. She's pretty excited about it.

More excited than you???

By the way, I'm willing to host. If it's a nice night, we can do a outside thing on the patio and have a fire.

Hey, I can sweeten the deal up a bit (for a group brew).

I have the following yeast cultures available if anyone wants to group brew:

1. American Ale - 1056
2. Weihen. Hefe - 3068
3. German Ale - 1007
4. "Muntingham" (A mix of nottingham and muntons dry yeasts that I used for my cream ale)

I'm making a hefe within the next two weeks and I'll probably do either a honey hefe or another cream ale when I group brew with you guys.

I think I can make the weekend of 19/20. I've got the first two weekends in May all tied up. Is the 26/27 Memorial Day weekend? I may be able to do one of those days.

I can't do 5/19-20. I just found out over the weekend that my buddy is having a big birthday event I have to be at on the 19th and I have a banquet to attend on the 20th. My only options for May is Mammorial Day weekend.

That's Mammorial Day weekend. Might work for me; I'll have to check. As May goes on, I'm finding more and more things I had promised myself for and forgotten about!:drunk:

I think I'm good for Mem Day weekend. My Amarillo Ale might be pretty good by then and my hefe should be good to go.

I'm waiting for my family to make up my mind.:( The wife has plans to have family over to the house that weekend, but I don't know which day yet. If Saturday works best for all of you then I'll try to steer the thought process in that direction.

Okay, Saturday is a go for me. The 'assistant brewer' wants to come along. I assume that's no problem.

Ms. Clinton you have a snook in your sniz.

Ah man here there is finally a group of Illinois brewers getting together and I can't make it, even though it is like a 2+ hour drive.

Me and Ize are going to have to start our own club.

We've had a few get-together's now. Hopefully you can make a future one. I know it's a bit far, but if we make an event out of it, it might be worth it.

Yeah next time you have a big event let me know, that way it'd be better worth the drive. Hehe, and here sause thinks I'm going to drive to Milwaukee for something.

Honestly I didn't think you'd read this thread....
But no I'm just trying to resist your over the internet mind control. It works so damn well I need attempts to break it somewhere.

I'll have to see whether my wife is coming or not. If we're all brewing that day, I'm not too sure I want my son coming along. Too many places for a 1.5 year old to burn a hand.

Cheesefood said:
I'll have to see whether my wife is coming or not. If we're all brewing that day, I'm not too sure I want my son coming along. Too many places for a 1.5 year old to burn a hand.

My understanding was it was just a tasting.

That's what I've heard as well, and I confirmed with my wife last night. She's still interested.

What time? I'm hoping to have enough left after Memorial day weekend. I should've brewed up a bunch more this weekend.

Saturday, June 2nd is a go!

Do we want to brew something or just hang out and taste some beers? Cheese offered to provide some burgers and I'll grab some other grill-fare. Hopefully it will be a nice day and we can hang out on the patio.

The brew or not question is kinda important. We'd need to start earlier if we're planning on making something.

rdwj said:
Saturday, June 2nd is a go!

Do we want to brew something or just hang out and taste some beers? Cheese offered to provide some burgers and I'll grab some other grill-fare. Hopefully it will be a nice day and we can hang out on the patio.

The brew or not question is kinda important. We'd need to start earlier if we're planning on making something.

If I'm bringing my wife and kid, probably not. Miles won't be able to hang out for the full 6 hours before he'll need a good nap.

I'm on the home-burger. Raised on my FIL's farm, I saw the cow when it was still mooing.

Ok, let's just plan on tasting then.

Cheese, what time does Miles go to bed? And when does he get up from his afternoon nap? Seems like it might be a good idea to plan around his schedule.

rdwj said:
Ok, let's just plan on tasting then.

Cheese, what time does Miles go to bed? And when does he get up from his afternoon nap? Seems like it might be a good idea to plan around his schedule.

His first nap is usually anywhere from 9:30am to 12pm. He'll sleep on the car ride down and once he sees that he gets to play outside, he'll be more than happy to be up. We'll leave when we need to.

I'm thinking that it'd be easier for me if I can just bring down a corny. Any objections to letting me throw one in your fridge and hook up to your CO2?

Cheesefood said:
His first nap is usually anywhere from 9:30am to 12pm. He'll sleep on the car ride down and once he sees that he gets to play outside, he'll be more than happy to be up. We'll leave when we need to.

I'm thinking that it'd be easier for me if I can just bring down a corny. Any objections to letting me throw one in your fridge and hook up to your CO2?

I'm sure I can make room for another corny. I have an extra C02 hook-up too, but it's on the outside of the fridge. If worse comes to worse, I can throw one on ice.

As far as time, is earlier better? ...like 5 or so? earlier? later? I'm pretty open

My lil dude goes to bed around 7:30-8:00 so if you want to do an evening get together, I might just leave 2/3s of the fam at home.

Cheesefood said:
My lil dude goes to bed around 7:30-8:00 so if you want to do an evening get together, I might just leave 2/3s of the fam at home.

What works better? 3? I'm pretty much free all day, so it doesn't matter at all to me.

Rhoobarb said:
Any time is fine with me. I try not to drink before 11:30am.:D
Yeah, me too. But if I had to, I would.:D

Whatever time works best for those of you with the kids is fine with us.

Back