Smaller Batch Conical

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

olips

Reaction score
Hey All,

I am focusing on 1gallon batches - they seem to work for my intake and variety rotation.
However, I love the big shiny conicals.

Does anyone make a conical with all the valves etc in an ultra mini size ?
I understand its likely overkill for the size... But i think it would still be fun to operate the process as if it were larger scale tanks.

Closest I found are the BrewBuckets (Anvil and Ss). These are ~4gallons.
Any issue with all that headspace for a 1g batch ?

Anyone make or has put together a smaller ~1g non-plastic all-bells-and-whistles conical to consider?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
I wish. Only plastic ones seem to exist, such as the 3 gal. FastFerment and the BrewDemon. Issues with the plastic valves, seals, and seams keep me away.

I use the small Anvil bucket fermenter, which lacks a trub/yeast collection solution, but seals and transfers perfectly. This is for 2.5 gal. batches, but I wouldn't hesitate to go smaller.

There wouldn’t be enough space for the valves and connections that you would need to use it as a conical. This is my new half barrel fermenter, it’s almost 4 feet tall!

Attachments

• 49FAFB2F-A903-4752-9EFF-B84F715367D2.jpeg
    49FAFB2F-A903-4752-9EFF-B84F715367D2.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 18
Back