Small Taproom in your town's future?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Five years ago there is only one brewery I can remember being around, Iron Hill Brewery. Now there are nearly two dozen breweries with an hour ride from me. The craft beer craze has certainly taken off tremendously.

I love intimate tap rooms, even more when the server is a brewer.

It's happened in the past where I go home and read about the brewery on their website, sure enough, the brewer was serving me! I think they like to stay anonymous sometimes, probably avoids a lot of questions from customers!

All of the breweries in my area have tap rooms it seems.

Never occurred to me that you'd have one WITHOUT a tap room. Been a ton of chatter about how tap rooms are the "new" fad and going to be the wave.... all I've ever known.

For a large number of small brewers, tap beer and growler fills are their only revenue sources. Some have pub grub, snacks and merch to help bolster revenue. Until they get the brewing capacity and equipment to package, and plug into the distribution chains, the taproom is it. Destination breweries are well and fine, but if the beer and people at the little places are decent I'd rather spend my $$ there.

Mark me down as loving taprooms. I have two within 3 blocks of my front door. Both distribute but their taprooms are the bomb.

Back