Small O-Rings for a Corny keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeyP

Reaction score
I was replacing all the seals on my corny keg last night and I couldn't figure out what the smallest o-ring was for. I went ahead and ordered the seal replacement kit from NB. I obviously figured out where the large seal goes. Then the small ones are for the gas in/beer out connectors. The last seal was a little smaller than these small seals. Is this for the pressure release valve?

Sometimes the dip tubes can be deceiving. If they've been locked down for a long time, they look almost like they're welded, and part of the keg. They can be hard to remove.

Make sure to get yourself a wrench that fits the posts and knock them loose. This some times takes the combination of a socket wrench and a 3-pound sledge.

Remove the posts and then reach into the keg and push up on the dip tubes to break them free. THen you'll see the small gaskets.

post2.jpg

post3.jpg

Awesome. Thanks everyone for the quick replies and the pics. I tried to remove the posts once to see if there were any seals underneath, but I couldn't get them off. I had my ratchet, and I sat on the keg, and after pulling all my might all I managed to do was spin me and the keg around. I may have to implement a sledge.

Back