Small growler bottling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

minnesotashooter

I have two of these small growlers that I am wondering if I can bottle into.
e436a84b391c0997ef61d436ea03eb51_zps184df420.jpg

I think I can put a cap on them but what about using the existing cap with the rubber seal on there?

There shouldn't be any issue if I can cap it with that amount of liquid in a bottle should there??

Thanks

I have two of these small growlers that I am wondering if I can bottle into.
e436a84b391c0997ef61d436ea03eb51_zps184df420.jpg

I think I can put a cap on them but what about using the existing cap with the rubber seal on there?

There shouldn't be any issue if I can cap it with that amount of liquid in a bottle should there??

Thanks

No worries go right ahead. Sanitize and bottle. Make sure the rubber seal is good or it may not carbonate.
Been bottling in bottles just like that for 20 years. I do replace the rubber every year or so.

Go right ahead. The last batch I bottled, I did 4 growlers and 10 bombers, easiest bottling day ever! Sure beats filling 50 bottles

If it'll take a cap, it is probably better to use your capper and just put a cap on, until you open it. They work just fine, but the seal isn't going to be quite as good as a beer bottle cap would give. If you're gonna drink it within a few months, it probably won't make a difference.

Back