Small chest freezer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK I think I found what I am looking for at Lowes. Do any of you have a tower on your Keezer and do you have warm beer on your first pull? Would a collar be best and is that easy enough that an idiot can do that?

The advantage to a collar is anytime you want to add a faucet, just drill a hole. If you can read a tape measure you can build a collar.;) I went with a collar instead of a tower so IF I ever wanted a freezer back I could remove the collar and would not have a hole in the top. If you offer the mill man(guy that runs the saw) at HD a sixpack he will probably make the cuts for free and they will all be straight.

Will this freezer easily fit a bucket fermentor or a 6 gal better bottle with no modification? Really want to use it as a drop in lagering and fermentation chamber. Is that possible. I know I will have to add a temperature controller but that is all i really want to have to add.

I can't guarantee it, but the depth sounds similar to my 7 ft^3 Haier, which is about perfect for a pair of 5 gallon carboys.

Back