Small 2 Keg fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaxford

Reaction score
Looking for the smallest fridge that will hold 2 5gal kegs and 5# co2. For some reason the few that I see many of you using are discontinued.

I don't have a lot of spare space so trying to avoid using the chest freezer or full size fridge. Cost is also an issue.

Searched the forums here and see lots of great stuff for a single cornie... I need 2.

The Oster 5.0cu ft mini is what I use. They're really expensive brand new (around $200) but I found mine on eBay for 60.

The Oster 5.0cu ft mini is what I use. They're really expensive brand new (around $200) but I found mine on eBay for 60.

And it fits two Corny with the Co2 tank? Did you have to modify it?

Also it looks like its been discontinued as well. No one has it in stock and most sites say they no longer stock it.

Thanks for sharing the info... the search goes on.

Two cornies and a 5lb tank fit easily, no mods or anything...but I did mod mine by installing a tower on tap.
Check this out, maybe something is close to you.

oster 5.0, Home Garden items on eBay.com

Also, now is the perfect time to check craigslist if you live by a college campus or are willing to drive to one. All those kids are moving out of their dorm rooms right now and don't need that mini-fridge that mom and dad bought them anymore...

I moded a wally world special Haier 4.0 fridge to hold two corny's had to bend cooling plate but that was easy. inside aint georgious but for the $30 i paid for it and it's compact size it's perfect.

I moded a wally world special Haier 4.0 fridge to hold two corny's had to bend cooling plate but that was easy. inside aint georgious but for the $30 i paid for it and it's compact size it's perfect.

Do you have pictures or instructions on how you did that?

Its not big enough, its not big enough!!
I'm sure you have thought a lot about this, but as someone who just recently got into kegging - I urge you to reconsider. I have a nice 2 keg system that lives in 1/2 of a standard refrigerator - only room for 2 kegs and a 20 oz CO2 tank. I am already unhappy. You should REALLY, honestly consider if 2 kegs will be enough - and not just based on consumtion rate. I was sure that 2 kegs would be plenty for me as I don't drink that much, but it hasn't taken long (2 batches) to realize it isn't going to work. I think having the space for 3 kegs is more realistic. You will be very limited in only having the space for 2. The space for the third allows for the next brew to be carbing/conditioning, or to have a new keg ready to go as one is dying off or to have a third "choice." I wish I had the space to keep a full time rotation of light+dark+seasonal / special flowing. I find myself agonizing over what to brew next and how to time out the brewing cycle to coincide with available space. I like beer, and 2 choices just isn't enough
Could your drill out a CO2-IN hole and move the tank out of the refridge to get that extra space?
FWIW - Just wanted to add my .12 cents.
and if you haven't purchased the sytem yet - I'll put in a vote for keg connection or keggle brewing.
Jason

Do you have pictures or instructions on how you did that?

Has ggoodman sent you any pictures or instructions? Have you attempted this conversion? I have this fridge and have been looking to convert it however I can not find any information on it

I bought the Sanyo SR-4912 from Fry's at Christmas but see that it is currently unavailable. You might check back, this is one of the more commonly modified fridges out there.

http://www.frys.com/product/4622668

Yea. I'm aware that there are way easier fridge haha. I just have this fridge left over from college. I don't have the money for a new fridge and conversion kit. Just trying to make dues with what I have in this never ending money pit of a hobby

Well, if I had read the date on the first post and seen the date on yours, but comment wouldn't have looked quite so stupid. :D

Haha. Yea I figure they are long gone but just hoping maybe they will respond haha. I don't feel like tearing apart my mini fridge and then realizing it's not going to fit. I have measured from the compressor to the edge and it is only 8". I understand a ball lock keg is about 8.5" in diameter? So maybe once I rip some plastic and insulation out I cab squeeze a keg in there ? I have no idea

I traced the kegs on a piece of paper and made templates. It helps to see if you have any chance of fitting the kegs in there.

Usually removing the inside door panel will free up a lot of room.

Ok cool. I think I'm just going to give it a go this weekend. I'll try the tracing thing and start ripping and cutting haha

I got a magic chef 4.4 cu ft fridge off of CL for $25 and a little bit of driving and I fit 2 ball locks snugly with some modification and a CO2 tank in the back. (found a great vid on youtube that was extremely helpful) Also had to bend the freezer tray but I'm assuming its pretty efficient now because of the exposure to the rest of the fridge. I keep it on the lowest setting and it's plenty cold. Added a tower to the top. But I also agree that maybe 2 kegs won't be enough...

Back