Slurry Trade - San Antonio?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris_B

Reaction score
I am trying to get my summer beers lined up here and have a Kolsch coming out of the fermenter this weekend. I would like to get a hefe started soon, so will need some hefe yeast - preferably the Wyeast 3068.

Does anyone in the San Antonio area have some hefe finishing up and want to trade some slurry from your fermenter for some from mine and save seven bucks?

I am on the far North East side and could meet somewhere central/east out to New Braunfels on Saturday or Sunday. I'll bring a sanitized quart jar with slurry and you do the same?

Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Chris

Edit: It's the Wyeast Kolsch Ale 2565 that I have coming out of the fermenter.

to me at least, saving seven dollars is not worth having to trust someone else with your yeast

to me at least, saving seven dollars is not worth having to trust someone else with your yeast

Well, I guess that is a consideration. I would at least want to know that they took good care of their yeast like I do. You know... take them out to dinner, massage their little backs after a hard day of fermenting, maybe some flowers beside the fermenter in the morning. Standard stuff.

Seriously, this was used once on a 1.048 OG brew, done in a temp-controlled fridge. Hops were strained out before going into the fermenter, so it should be pretty clean slurry. The fridge sure smells good!

I may pitch it into an Octoberfest-style ale and see how that goes if I don't get a bite.

Back