Slow Ferments

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rivalry15

Reaction score
My previous batches of cider had some off flavored and this time I'm trying to cool and slow method and want to make sure I'm not going to cool

So I started a few new batches indoors using white labs yeasts and fresh pressed cider.
I have 5 gallons going in my ssbrew bucket with 002, and 3 1 gallon batches in little big mouth bubblers using 775, 002 and 007.
I am trying to see the differences in the end result. The last few batches had gone from zero to clear in about a week and a half. The yeasts burned right through the sugar much faster than expected.

This time how ever they are much slower possibly due to it not being 75-80 in the house. It's more between 64-70, thanks to the fall weather.
The ssbrew tech tank is kept between 64-66. The 775 is showing as a bit more clear but the 007 and 002 are still cloudy and yeasty.
Although fermentation is slower it should still be ok right? I did use pectic enzyme and nutrient to make sure all is healthy.
All show active airlocks.

Thank!

If you are keeping the temps lower that will make for a slower fermentation, which isn't really a bad thing especially since 75-80 is pretty warm

Yea, I had no way to really control the one gallons until it got cooler. On day 5 (today) I had to switch from airlock to blow off on the brew bucket which was hovering around 65 degrees due to a lot more activity than the last few days.
I am in no rush for this batch to finish.

Back