Slap on your back names that nobody likes...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Malt

Reaction score
The manager walking through the office/plant, slapping people on the back and calling them:

Ace
Guy
Chief
Bro
Son
Pal
Bud

I'm sure there are more...

Tiger
Slugger
Porky
Mount Baldy
Little Wiener
Halitosis face
Ugly
Fatty McFat
Hog nuzzler
Limp dick
Fartbreath
Smartmouth
Big stupid idiot
Uglymug McQueenbitch

I'm sure there are others.

Friendo.

No-Country-for-Old-Men_Javier-Bardem-front-full_cap-001.jpg

Youbuttjuicelickingmarthafloccerimagonnacrackyourskullopenlikearipemellonandrinkyouruselessrottingbrainsyoufloccfaceyou!

my boss hates it when I slap him on the back and call him that. so does that guy at the DMV.

My personal favorites are Bub, Big guy, Boss, Bud and Dude...

Always love hearing them when walking into a retail establishment

Ace
Guy
Chief
Bro
Son
Pal
Bud(Buddy)
Champ
Cap'n (Captain)
Big Guy
Sport
Hey "You"
Tiger
Slugger
Friend
Bub
Boss
Dude

There must be more... for extra points use as many as you can in the same sentence.

Son.

I never hesitate to fight over that one. That has to be the most disrespectful way to address a human being. I think its some kind of wanna be gangsta-rapper-type talk. Something you would hear coming out of the mouth of a teenage boy, yet I hear 40yo adults address other people that way. No jokes, anyone addressing me as 'son' in person, you're at least going to have to back it up.

all the others, while its annoying to be addressed in that manner, I can live with.

Sir/Ma'am: it's politeness and common respect, not an insult. I have no idea where that nonsense came from. it's absolutely asinine to be offended by it. I had a bartender get all whiny when I called her ma'am. I said, "OK, b***ch, go get me a floccin' beer." which one would you rather be offended by?

Son.

I never hesitate to fight over that one. That has to be the most disrespectful way to address a human being. I think its some kind of wanna be gangsta-rapper-type talk. Something you would hear coming out of the mouth of a teenage boy, yet I hear 40yo adults address other people that way. No jokes, anyone addressing me as 'son' in person, you're at least going to have to back it up.

all the others, while its annoying to be addressed in that manner, I can live with.
cops like to pull that one on me a lot. I like to instruct them to call me by my name. they don't like that, but I don't like when they try to find a reason to run me. and when I use "son" on HBT, it is insulting. usually in a sarcastic kind of way. if I'm using it in person, chances are I'm ready to fight about it (whatever "it" is). I hate it when people pull that one in person on me. on the interwebs, meh.

Well, well, well, You are right about the spelling. Perhaps I had mammography on my mind, just kidding. It only sounds like ma'am with the appropriate accent. Calling a women under 50 ma'am is not a good idea. I would prefer Miss. My nephews and their friends address me as Miss _____ insert first name.
Anyway continue on. I am amused this has been so entertaining.
BTW no spell check here.

Well, well, well, You are right about the spelling. Perhaps I had mammography on my mind, just kidding. It only sounds like ma'am with the appropriate accent. Calling a women under 50 ma'am is not a good idea. I would prefer Miss. My nephews and their friends address me as Miss _____ insert first name.
BTW no spell check here.
strangers wouldn't know what you prefer and the under 50 thing is silly and asinine. if a lady gets mad when you call her ma'am, then you pee on her shoes. that's the law.

I was on the phones at work for so long that you would know when to be offended by my "ma'am", or "sir".

strangers wouldn't know what you prefer and the under 50 thing is silly and asinine. if a lady gets mad when you call her ma'am, then you pee on her shoes. that's the law.[/
Getting mad? It's MY preference? You have nothing to do with it. It appears that once again you have lost the point .
If peeing is your most effective means of communication, I can't fault you for that. Kinda like a frightened caveman. Funny how my reply has the most, do I dare call it feed back.

Most women would prefer miss, if appropriate. Ma'am has an age related component. In certain areas of the country this is not necessarily the case.

Born and raised Texan, and I assure you it's not at all the case here. It's punctuation. Thank you, ma'am.

Of all the 'pet names' there are, 'buddy' is the most annoying. Always felt that 'buddy' is half a word; as in 'buddyf**ker'. I think I would rather prefer '*******'. At least then, I know you're being honest.

BTW no spell check here.

Where I'm from, you call women Miss (First Name), but you also follow words like 'yes' and 'thank you' with ma'am. It's simply good manners.

Back