sketter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oogaboogachiefwalkingdeer

Reaction score
I have had mine going for five weeks now and am ready to rack. Should I add the five c tabs? How long can I bulk store till it needs bottled? How long will it keep once bottled. Thanks Mike

If you are referring to skeeter pee, then you should be able to bulk store a while in a glass container. It is approximately 10% alcohol if you followed Lon's recipe, so it should be stable for quite some time once bottled. As for the additions to stop fermentation, follow the instruction in the recipe and you will be fine.

Relevant portion:
Allow the Pee to ferment dry and for fermentation to stop (SG between 0.998 and 0.995). Rack into a clean, sanitized carboy. Give the batch a quick degas (use agitation and vacuum if you have the equipment). Add 1/2 tsp Kmeta, 2 1/2 tsp sorbate, and Sparkolliod (follow directions on the package). After two weeks, the Skeeter Pee should be crystal clear. Rack into a clean, sanitized carboy, add 6 cups sugar, and stir to dissolve. Wait two weeks to be sure no new fermentation begins and bottle.

Good Luck,

Cody

Thanks I racked into a clean carboy and added the sorbate and kmeta. I will wait for it to clear on it's own. One question I ran into is when I racked I needed a little less than a half gallon to top off. Is that too much to top with plain water? Hydrometer read 0999 on the money. Tasted the test sample and itis just a shade sour but a couple teaspoons of sugar and two ice cubes made it pretty nice. Thinking about maybe doing part of it with a koolade berry of some sort. I can already see the carboy getting a repeat of this stuff. Mike

I don't top mine off when it is like yours. The lemon doesn't oxidize as fast as some other juices, and I like to leave room for the sugar addition when it is time to sweeten before bottling.

Thanks for the help I topped off so it wil be a little weaker on the sour and the alcohol. Next time I will know not to. The black cherry sounds like it would be an easy drinker. I know there will be another batch going when this gets under corks. Mike

Back