Skeeter Pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rage44

Reaction score
I am getting ready to pitch yeast slurry into the primary fermenter. Wish me luck guys there is high acidity in this stuff!! I can't wait to see how it turns out though.

Good luck! What is tour yeast slurry from? Is it from another wine? Ale? Mead?, what was the yeast type?

Arpolis said:
Good luck! What is tour yeast slurry from? Is it from another wine? Ale? Mead?, what was the yeast type?

The yeast slurry is from a honey mead that was bubbling like crazy before I pitched it. Can't wait!!!

cosmatics said:
I just finally sampled my first batch using dry yeast starter, cha ching, this stuff is awesome. The yeast I used was ec116, good luck.

Thanks.

Alright, this may be a somewhat silly question but.....after pitching the yeast, do I let the batch open-air ferment, or do I put the cover/airlock on my 6.5 gallon pale and let it go?

Boardndave said:
Alright, this may be a somewhat silly question but.....after pitching the yeast, do I let the batch open-air ferment, or do I put the cover/airlock on my 6.5 gallon pale and let it go?

Put the cover and airlock on as to keep any airborne bacteria out of your must. Are you using a yeast slurry?

Some people are open fermenting it but I wouldn't. As long as you let the must air out for a few days before pitching the yeast you should be fine. I use EC-118 also as it's less susceptible to develop rhino farts.

Back