Skeeter Pee

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Rage44

Reaction score
I am getting ready to pitch yeast slurry into the primary fermenter. Wish me luck guys there is high acidity in this stuff!! I can't wait to see how it turns out though.

Arpolis

Reaction score
Good luck! What is tour yeast slurry from? Is it from another wine? Ale? Mead?, what was the yeast type?

cosmatics

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I just finally sampled my first batch using dry yeast starter, cha ching, this stuff is awesome. The yeast I used was ec116, good luck.

OP
Rage44

Rage44

Reaction score
Arpolis said:
Good luck! What is tour yeast slurry from? Is it from another wine? Ale? Mead?, what was the yeast type?
The yeast slurry is from a honey mead that was bubbling like crazy before I pitched it. Can't wait!!!

OP
Rage44

Rage44

Reaction score
cosmatics said:
I just finally sampled my first batch using dry yeast starter, cha ching, this stuff is awesome. The yeast I used was ec116, good luck.
Thanks.

Boardndave

Reaction score
Alright, this may be a somewhat silly question but.....after pitching the yeast, do I let the batch open-air ferment, or do I put the cover/airlock on my 6.5 gallon pale and let it go?

OP
Rage44

Rage44

Reaction score
Boardndave said:
Alright, this may be a somewhat silly question but.....after pitching the yeast, do I let the batch open-air ferment, or do I put the cover/airlock on my 6.5 gallon pale and let it go?
Put the cover and airlock on as to keep any airborne bacteria out of your must. Are you using a yeast slurry?

Rocky71

Reaction score
Some people are open fermenting it but I wouldn't. As long as you let the must air out for a few days before pitching the yeast you should be fine. I use EC-118 also as it's less susceptible to develop rhino farts.