skeeter pee

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejr

Reaction score
thought my skeeter pee was done working down to .996 so racked it off did the final stage with stabalizer and all placed it out in the cellar to clear went out 4 days later and it had started working again i brought it back inside and its working again bubbles about every 3 min. should i pasturize it or just let it work out?other infor 1118 yeast

It is reacting to the changes in temparature and off gassing more than likely. is gravity still at .996?

My last batch of pee really seemed to hold a bunch of CO2 in suspension. I thought I'd never get the gas out of it.
Try de-gassing it well

ill take the gravity this weekend and degas again; i did once before i stabalize just with a pump probably for 15 min.; will check this weekend again i just want to make sure it isnt working when i place the rest of sugar in ive never used stablizer before ;ill also degas it again with the pump from what i read the pump does the job by itself?thanks for all the infor

Mine was in the bottle after about a month. Crystal clear with no finning

beer003-1.jpg

I've turned out batches in a month that were ok but I think 6 to 8 weeks is better. I get three racks in instead of 2 and get rid of the co2 better.

sweet. I was wanting to make some and I wanted to know if it would be workable to have it ready for hot summer days here in Texas.

If I started it now it'd be great by summer.

Is it necessary to wait after adding the K-meta, sorbate and clearing compounds? Can I add sugar once it drops clear (after racking)?

i degassed it again but the gravity was like 990 so it had either been working or the change was because it was colder; so i went ahead and sweeten it its still looks like it s working a little time will tell i did take 2 bottles out and tried them this weekend this is some good stuff definity going to make more

update; took it off seems to be alright definitly going to make more for the summer

Back