• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Illinois Sixtels for sale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joon75

Reaction score
I have some sixtels for sale. $40 for 5 gallon and $50 for the 7 gallon. Discounts if you buy multiples.

IMG_2800.JPG

Where are you in Illinois? I'm coming through Illinois later this week, and then the week after. I could see picking up a number of these....

I live in Plainfield. What part of Illinois are you coming to?

I’m currently out of town and wont be back until next Saturday

These are obviously Kegcraft and microstar kegs. Were they legally obtained?
Wondered that too.
Funny now microstar bought kegcraft. This industry is going mega-conglomorate fast!!

Also- ethics question- you buy a keg of beer from a store, pay $25-$50 depo. Keep the keg for the depo? All fair?
It always seemed like bad beer karma to me.
I guess at scale $25 is fair for a keg but seems cheap to me.

Wondered that too.
Funny now microstar bought kegcraft. This industry is going mega-conglomorate fast!!

Also- ethics question- you buy a keg of beer from a store, pay $25-$50 depo. Keep the keg for the depo? All fair?

Not ethical and certainly bad karma

Wondered that too.

No. $25 is not fair. It’s a deposit, not a purchase. The keg belongs to the brewery or keg company.

The seller here told me via PM that he did acquire the kegs legally from microstar when they closed a depot.

Well- glad i am not the only one who feels that way. Before i brewed i got 5/7.5 commercial kegs and always wondered how they could charge such a low depo.
I also know for the brewery-owned kegs that is part of their cash-flow.

A lot of the smaller craft spots around here won't even do kegs. Such a bummer. But can't say i dont blame them.

Didn't mean to hijack this thread.

Back