Single Tier System

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PapaRib

Reaction score
Hello All,
I was just looking for some advice on a single tier system that I'm currently building, mostly on the pumps. Due to lack of funds I was going to get one and set up the system with the camlock quick disconnects but I'm afraid to give up the ability to fly sparge. Anyone brewing with one pump on a single tier set up that has had some success? Secondly, what kind of pump to you guys recommend? Thanks!

you wont be able to fly sparge with one pump on a single tier unless you manually move water, which would defeat the purpose of a stand, you'd want to look at a two teir setup.

i have a two tier myself and use it basically like a single tier, but i like gravity draining my MLT.

i do have a chugger pump i got for $100, and besides learning how to use it properly (priming issues) , i haven't had one single issue with it after that.

True. And if you fly you are gonna be running the crap out pf your pump

Rivenin said:
True. And if you fly you are gonna be running the crap out pf your pump

That's what they are made for.

I agree with your earlier comment. With one pump, consider a two tier with a lowered boil kettle.

Back