single tier gas plumbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zlarson

Reaction score
Hi - I'm finally on the last step of my single tier build: the gas lines. This is what I have so far:
- 1 BG14 burner that i want to use under my BK
- 2 BG12's for HLT and MK
- the regulator that came with my BG14

The BG14 is a high pressure burner and I'm pretty sure the BG12's are low pressure. Will I be able to use the regulator that came with my BG14 for the whole system? I plan on having ball valves on each of the three lines coming off the manifold. If I were to put pin valves on the BG12's will I be ok to run them?

I searched the forums but couldn't find the exact situation so any input is much appreciated.

i dont think you will ever to get them to burn right trying it that way. If you want to run them all off the one regulator you already have then they all need to be high pressure. Now the only thing that makes these burners either high or low pressure is the orifice. So as I see it you can replace the orifices in the bg12 to high pressure ones, then all three will run off that regulator. Or you can convert the bg14 to low pressure and buy a low pressure regulator, they run at 11" water column which is about .5 psi. They are some advantages to running low pressure. First i believe it to be more efficient on the use of propane and also if you decide to automate in the future it is easier/safer to work with.

ok, i didnt realize it was just the orifice that decided low/high pressure. thanks for the info!

Back