Single stage fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ruffdeezy

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any experience with a product like this
http://www.clickabrew.com/shopexd.asp?id=619
single-stage-fermenter.jpg

I'm tired of my auto siphon.

Are there any US online retailers that sell something like this?

You could use a basic bottling bucket and get the same effect. It's plastic, has a handle, has a lid you can put an airlock in, and has a spigot near the bottom.

The only real difference I can see is that the "fermenter" has the spigot located a little higher on the vessel (to avoid the trub). Bottling buckets tend to have the spigot placed just about as low as they can.

You might want to buy a non-drilled bucket and a spigot separately and do the installtion of the spigot your self so that you can place it a little higher up.

FYI: Another option is the Better Bottles. Those are basically plastic carboys and you can buy them with a spigot on them.

All of my primaries have spigots about 1/2" from the bottom of the bucket, which at times has been too low. Regardless of getting a little bit of yeast at the beginning of the transfer from primary I have to say it is a HUGE time saver, especially if you use a sanitizer that requires rinsing.

Back