Single PID eherms setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schach23

Reaction score
Guys,

I have pretty much narrowed down my build using this wiring diagram from PJ:
Auberin-wiring1-a4-4500w-30a.jpg

I was going through Auber's website and found a control panel and they showed the inside of the panel on a similar setup (one element connector with a single PID presumably for eBIAB but I want two element connectors). They are using DIN rail components with breakers. Any preference to go the route that Auber uses (DIN rail components vs contactors and fuses)?
B302520_BIAB2.jpg

The din rail stuff looks a bit more complicated for my not electrical smart brain.

Thanks

Scott

I went din rail and love it. Kept my panel nice and tidy. Well worth the price in my opinion as it would have been pretty sloppy looking otherwise. The rails and wire duct I used were not much at all, breakers and contractors do add up a bit however.

How would I convert the diagram I referenced above to a din rail setup with breakers? Are contractors still used?

Yep still need contactors. In your second pic they are the parts on both sides of the breakers. Just swap out your fuses for breakers and change the contactors to din mount. Honestly on a panel that small there isn't going to be a real need to use din rail, it's neat stuff but with as simple as that panel is there isn't a real benefit to it in my opinion.

Latest posts

Back