single infusion question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zmurda

Reaction score
so im getting a blichmann top tier and i had a question since i decided to go with 2 burners. if i do a single infusion mash do i need to sparge or at the end of the mash can i go straight to the boil kettle. i can just mash in one kettle then vorloaf using the pump and then go right into the boil kettle right?

If you want to no sparge your batch you need to up the grain bill since you are not rinsing sugars out, just draining. I don't remember the exact amount but for some reason 30% comes to mind. This increases accounts for the difference in efficiency.

I've done no sparge batches and you are looking at 55% efficiency. Just plan for that and you'll be fine. Just remember you'll need a large enough MLT hold full volume and all your grain. 15lb grain bill and 8 gal water is next to impossible to fit in a drink cooler.

Back