Quantcast

simplest recipe

HomeBrewTalk.com - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Community.

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

accorn46

Reaction score
I'm just curious since I'm just a beginner what was everyone's first brew ,more specifically the simplest recipe you have ever used.I guess my simplest is grape juice +bread yeast and I got a simple wine.Well that's about all I know

Rick_R

Still Love Fried Chicken
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
My first was a recipe I put together myself to simulate Newcastle, an extract with steeping grains and tossing in some hops (and it was very good). My second was also an extract with steeping grains and tossing in some hops . . . and the third, the fourth, etc, including the latest.

You could get simpler and make a beer with nothing but hopped extract [edit - and yeast], but using unhopped extract, steeping some grains, and adding the hops yourself is very easy and should turn out a better beer (I would think).

Rick

daholl01

Reaction score
I went straight to AG, and for a simple AG recipe my choice was EdWort's Haus Pale ale. Very easy bill, one hop, dry yeast, very easy and tasty way to get introduced to AG.

Judd

Reaction score
My first was an LHBS pale ale recipe. The kind with corn syrup and happed malt extract. It was not very good.