simple plastic bottle filler question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fitz

Reaction score
i have a plastic bottle filler. the kind that comes with all the equipment. i tried everything but i just cant seem to attatch it to the tube, they both have the same diameter, even tried tried sticking them together with tape LOL but it kept sliding off.. any help? was meant to bottle today but put on hold untill i figure out this contraption

I think you were given the wrong diameter hose...

You can try to put a small slit (like a quarter inch) on one end of the hose, then sit it in boiling water for about 10 minutes...you might be able to get the bottling wand into the hose.

My bottling wand hose is larger, and I have a coupla of these plastic hose clamps from my lhbs to hold it in place.

28501FL.GIF

When you say tube do you mean spigot on the bottle bucket? I attach a 3 in long piece of sipon tube to the spigot and then attach the bottle filling wand to the hose. I then place bottle bucket on top of the fridge so that the wand is at and appropriate level to fill 2 cases of bottles.

It sounds like he's trying to go direct from spigot to bottling wand...which doesn't work. A really short, 3-5" piece of the proper diameter tubing is the missing piece of this equation.

It sounds like he's trying to go direct from spigot to bottling wand...which doesn't work. A really short, 3-5" piece of the proper diameter tubing is the missing piece of this equation.

That's how I do mine, I found I had more waste having a bottling hose on my wand. Instead I took a 1" piece of the hose, and used 2 of those plastic clamps from my lhbs to hold it all together. Works great, and I can bottle at eye level, and rarely spill over.

That's how I do mine, I found I had more waste having a bottling hose on my wand. Instead I took a 1" piece of the hose, and used 2 of those plastic clamps from my lhbs to hold it all together. Works great, and I can bottle at eye level, and rarely spill over.

Thats a good idea. Maybe I'll try that next time. That way you don't have to drain the line just to put the wand down and you don't have to worry about tipping it.

Thats a good idea. Maybe I'll try that next time. That way you don't have to drain the line just to put the wand down and you don't have to worry about tipping it.

I hated bottling until I did that. Now I sit on the floor, hold the bottles to eye level and fill them. With a little back lighting I can see when the elvel gets right up to the top and I can pull it out quickly. I lose very little beer to over spill.

And I added a dip tube to my bottling bucket, so I can get all but about 6 ounces of beer...

All in all bottling is no longer a chore.

Well I've only bottled one batch so far, and it wasn't too bad, but only due to the fact that I had a bunch of 22oz swing-top bottles, but this method will definitely make it easier.

Back