Simple but sturdy burner stand ideas

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrotherFreeman

Reaction score
I will be doing my first outdoor brew session this weekend after a couple of years of kitchen brewing. Where as before I had the benefits of gravity to aid in transfers, I know will be switching to a turkey burner that sits 6" off the ground at best. I just bought equipment for a pump setup but it arrives friday and that doesnt leave me much time to get it configured and running for saturday. Anyone have any ideas for raising the burner up? My main concern is stability being that I am brewing with a 60qt pot so cant risk it falling over. The only solution i can think of is some CMU/cinder blocks on end. That would give me any extra 12" or so that would work to gravity into my 50qt chest-type cooler that I mash in.

On a side note, how much heat gets reflected back by the bottom of the pot? I have an epoxy-coated garage floor and zero drive-way (condo in a planned community) so I will be brewing on the threshold of the garage but might being cooking above the coated portion.

the coating should be fine... I put my burner up against the wood threashold of the open door on top of my epoxy floor... no issues. I am however a lot colder now than you are, thus the build to switch to electric and able to brew indoors!

even in august when its 100+ out it didnt cause any problems.

This was a rainy day this spring when the forcast called for no rain... i dont believe them anymore and brew just inside the door.

DSCF3142.jpg

DSCF3143.jpg

Thanks! Yeah, its about 65 and sunny out right now =]. Hopefully I can get something of a pump system working Friday night so I dont have to worry about gravity so much, thats the key right now.

Back