Silicone tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Syncman

Reaction score
I am using a cheapie food grade 12V pump off ebay, to circulate wort. The 3/8" ID silicone tubing kinks really easy. Especially when its hot. Problem is I have to dismantle my equipment after every brew day, so the silicone is good for that. Is there a better option?

I replaced mine with 1/2" ID X 7/8" OD a while back and was surprised at the difference. Much easier to use and better heat retention.

I use thermoplastic tubing for my pump suctions (also called Santoprene). Cheaper than silicone and more rigid (but not too rigid). Can't see through it, however, which is really the only downside as far as I can tell.

Lots of vendors sell it; do a search for "thermoplastic tubing brewing" and you'll get a bunch of different vendors & sizes.

I use thermoplastic tubing for my pump suctions (also called Santoprene). Cheaper than silicone and more rigid (but not too rigid). Can't see through it, however, which is really the only downside as far as I can tell.

Lots of vendors sell it; do a search for "thermoplastic tubing brewing" and you'll get a bunch of different vendors & sizes.
its what bremation and stout sells with thier pro nano systems so... I bought 100ft of it..

Back