Silicone Tubing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Limited Visibility

Reaction score
I have tried to check on Home Depot website for my area and Ace Homeco to see if they have the food grade silicone tubing I would need for my mash tun to go into my ss piece (like fly guys Rubbermaid cooler thread). Have had no luck finding it through the online catalog.

I just wanna see where everyone else picked up some of this tubing before I go out to shop... (snowy conditions and a lady who cant control her car through a stop sign who likes to t-bone innocent homebrewers and mess their jeep all to $hit) so I don't have to have a buddy run me around town.

More Beer = $2.10/ft
Mcmaster Carr. mebe
USplastics

It's kind of a specialty hose so you may not be able to source it local unless you have a local specialty hose supplier. Cherokee Industrial Hose comes to mind. Not sure if they are in your area.

I was trying to stay away from online because I need only 1 foot, actually a couple of inches less. So their is no point in spending 5 or 6 dollars on shipping for an item that is around 2 dollars

edit: I see I have an Airgas INC. distributor up here, think they would have tubing by the foot?

When I needed to buy silicon tubing in Tucson I just started out by calling an industrial hose supplier. When they told me they didn't have it I asked for a recommendation for another shop. A couple of repetitions of this and I had it made! If you're nice to the person on the other end of the line they'll usually try to help you out.

Even though Flagstaff is kind of puny I'll bet somebody has a roll of the stuff in their shop somewhere. Medical supply houses might be a good place to call too.

Good luck!
Zack

You really DON'T want to put silicone rubber tubing inside your braid, unless you can find the crush-proof or heavily reinforced kind. The regular silicone tubing is pretty flimsy and it could collapse under its own weight, causing a stuck run-off.

Your best bet is to find some all stainless hose clamps and just use that, IMO.

ok thanks for the input fly guy, I think I will just try to pick up some ss clamps, it seems easier for me right now with no vehicle and all.

How do people get around the flimsy part? I did test of a new pump and it sucked the input hose to zero and pretty much stopped the whole process! Pretty expensive mistake too. Is there a way around this with minimizing input flow or ????
Thanks for your help.

How do people get around the flimsy part? I did test of a new pump and it sucked the input hose to zero and pretty much stopped the whole process! Pretty expensive mistake too. Is there a way around this with minimizing input flow or ????
Thanks for your help.
Are you using A March or chugger pump? I have one of each, (and a little giant) and have never had that happen, even with a stuck sparge or shutting off the inlet valve.

I bet mister zees bought thin-wall silicone tubing. I use the thick-wall un-reinforced silicone and it doesn't collapse even when boiling wort is being pulled through it...

Cheers!

Latest posts

Back