Silicone tubing 1/2 by 3/4 best price?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It depends on how much you need. If you look at the link I sent, at the bottom, it says:

This item has a quantity discount of 15 cents off per foot for any length longer than 50 feet. Add 50 or more feet to the cart and the discount will automatically be applied. There is also a 35 cent off discount for lengths of 250 ft as that is our full box quantity. That's only $1.80 per foot!

So, if you get 51 feet, it's $2.00/foot (plus shipping) but if you want 250 ft, it's only $1.80/foot. And shipping is free over $299. But that's a LOT of tubing!

I think I used about 50 feet in my HERMS system.

50 ft holy wow, I run my herms on 3 4ft runs at the moment. You must never have to make hose swaps.

50 ft holy wow, I run my herms on 3 4ft runs at the moment. You must never have to make hose swaps.

Ha, no I do. But I have bottom draining MLT and HLT, two pumps, the HERMS coil, and the CFC. So right there is more than 30', in 4-6' lengths mostly.

And then I made an "extension cord". I brew indoors, and I wanted to have a way to clean and drain the system, so about 20' of tubing is added at the end to run the cleaning water and fresh water rinse to the drain.

I didn't think it was all that much, until I went to replace the tubing and started measuring.

The tubing for the HERMS alone (from the vessel to the pump, pump to the HERMs coil, and from the HERMS coil to the MLT) is about 12' in three different lengths. Then there is the tubing from the HLT to the first pump, and all of the tubing that goes to the kettle and return for the whirlpool, etc.

I added a few elbows where I needed them to maintain a good flow, and that's working out great.

I just received mine from brewers hardware. There supposed to be clearer than the ebay and Amazon tubes.I only needed 8 ft so I wasn't to concerned about price.Unless your buying a large amount its nickel and dime stuff and not worth thinking about,in my opinion anyway.Ordering to doorstep was 2 days

Just a quick correction, it's Brewhardware. ;-)

I don't have the cheapest tubing but it's the best tubing you'll find for under $4 a foot.

Here's the Pepsi challenge:
SiliconeTubing12ID-3T.jpg

Just a quick correction, it's Brewhardware. ;-)

I don't have the cheapest tubing but it's the best tubing you'll find for under $4 a foot.

Here's the Pepsi challenge:
SiliconeTubing12ID-3T.jpg

I do love mine! And it went on the connectors easier than I thought (thanks for that "tubing for dummies" video!) and it's working out very well. I'm brewing today as a matter of fact.

Since we were talking about tubing, and I'm brewing today, here's some of my tubing hooked up:

It's from the HLT to the pump, and from the pump just over to the BK for the time being, since I sparge through the HERMS later on (to clean the coil). The other tubing goes from the MLT to the second pump, to the HEX coil, and then from the HEX to the MLT.

I don't switch it around much until I hook up the chiller. When I run the chiller, I fill the HLT with waste water for cleaning, and use some of the tubing for that.

Pump #1 is always my "water" pump, and pump #2 is my "wort" pump. Unless of an issue, like pump #2 seizing up (which has happened).

Shown is more than 15' of tubing used. I didn't measure it, but that seems about what I've got there. Plus, I need a longer length one for my BK/pump/chiller, so I have a couple others waiting to be used for that. I could have used less, and swapped around more, but since I brew inside I didn't want to worry about how much liquid was in the hoses I was swapping!

IMG_4021[1].jpg

Latest posts

Back