Silicone Reinforced Tubing - Kegging connection to CO2 post regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Accidic

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I know the standard gauge silicone tubings are a no go for gas lines due to low burst pressure but has anyone had any experience with some of the higher strength options or is gas permeability too great an obstacle to overcome? I was looking into Medical Reinforced Silicone and came across this one:
https://www.brewershardware.com/Reinforced-Silicone-Tubing-1-4-ID.html

Clearly the pressure capability is adequate and flexibility should be good (or at least better than what I have). Not sure about the gas permeability but I know hospitals use a peroxide cured version with Oxygen but not sure how much worse that is than CO2.

The purpose is I'm looking for flexible as the rigidity doesn't fit my application very well. The reinforced seem close to as stiff as the double walled (Running between 28 and 40 PSI for my application but usually closer to only 32psi). Was hoping to find a softer material that can hold the higher pressures safely and Silbrade looked like it may be a good fit.

*If there is a thread that covers this please direct me to it (or suggest better search times as maybe I'm just being dense) as I did not see it searching. I tried the links in the FAQs for tubing but all but 2 seem to no longer work :(. This is purely gasline application as foam is not a problem for the tap I'm using.

Back