Sight Glass Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Padstack31

Reaction score
So I bought three of More Beer's sight glasses....

MoreBeer | Sight Gauge - 16''

I just conducted my first boil on my Keggel and noticed that as the water approached boiling water would sprout out the top....

Anyone encountered this, how do I solve it...

I sometimes have this problem. When boiling I cork off the top of the tube with a small cork that I picked up from lowe's.

What kind of kettle bulkhead do you have it threaded into? If there are female pipe threads inside the kettle, a short pipe nipple threaded in will stop that from happening.

I know mine is cause because there is a hole in the lower skirt of my keggle that funnels the heat up right on to my sight glass connector. If I could have redone it, I would have moved it, it was just a coincidence it was placed there.

By the way, thanks for the sight glasses Bobby_M, they have been working great. I use the same brush I clean my keg dip tube to clean the sight glass after brewing and makes it easy. I wouldn't mind buying some replacement high temp o-rings for when mine fail. Do you have the MCM number for them?

Back