Sierra Nevada Barrel Aged Ovila Quad

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

microbebrew

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the SN Barrel Aged Ovila Quad? We had a taste at the Winter Beerfest this past weekend and really enjoyed it. With barrel aging seeming all the rage now, I'm thinking of trying a partial extract clone recipe. I've never done a quad before, does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Thanks!

I'm going to stop by SN today and pick up a bottle of it and the Saison. Looking forward to trying it.:mug:

I had the quad and I liked it! It was not a drop everything and run out and get one now beer, but I enjoyed it from start to finish. Would definitely buy one again in the near future

Ovila is amazing. Absolutely love it. Actually looking for a clone recipe right now.

From December 2012 BYO...

OG: 1.090
FG: 1.015 (10.4% abv)
IBU: 18

12# 2 oz 2-Row
1.5# European Pilsner malt
11 oz Aromatic
5.6 oz Special B
3.7 oz Crystal 60
3.7 oz Chocolate malt
2# 5 oz D2 Dark candi syrup (added at 20 minutes)

120 minute boil
2.5 AAU Styrian Goldings (.5 oz @ 5% aa) @ 120
1.3 AAU Styrian Goldings (.25 oz) @ 40
1.3 AAU Styrian Goldings (.25 oz) @ 20

Ferment with WLP500

Hmmm. I find myself skeptical at the ability of a malt to replicate the taste of actual plums. Tell me how yours turns out. Or just send me a bottle.

Back