Siebel Sensory Kit - What beer to use?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gometz

Reaction score
So I got one of these kits for my birthday with 12 different off flavors in it, and I am keen to try it out. Read the instructions, but it doesn't mention what kind of beer to use for the sampling. Should I use Bud lite or some kind of simple pale ale or lager?

Been a while since I've seen one of those but I thought you just added the concentrate into water. Usually there is a ratio of chemical to water you're supposed to mix up. Typically it makes a liter, to be divided up amongst group of folks

If I recall correctly......

I did a different sensory kit and mixed it with Natty Light. It was the only time I bought natty light, but it was cheap and had essentially no flavor.

Been a while since I've seen one of those but I thought you just added the concentrate into water. Usually there is a ratio of chemical to water you're supposed to mix up. Typically it makes a liter, to be divided up amongst group of folks

If I recall correctly......

Yea the one I have is meant for a liter, but since I was planning on doing it alone i need to get some vials from work to save the remainder. I plan on doing maybe 4 oz for each, just wasn't sure if I should use a neutral beer or water.

It's not the cheapest solution, but I think you'd be hard-pressed to find a beer with less flavor than Michelob Ultra. It reminds me of soda water that went wrong somehow.

They only say to add to beer. Must mean,

IMG_0835.JPG

Back