Side shoots (arms?) already in Minnesota?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saunassa

One Life Brewing #lifeistooshortforcrappybeer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I left Friday and now back Monday, and have what I would call sidearms on two of the three plants. We still have 10 days to the solstice and I thought they would just get longer without putting out arms until the end of June. One is a nugget and the other is a Willamette that I bought potted from the greenhouse/nursery.

Is it normal for them to already start?

Vertical first 4 feet then the rope goes at a slight incline from horizontal. total covered distance on ropes is about 8' right now. 3-4 bines per rope,

Last edited:
These things are like weedsi!!? after a day and a half of rain i went out and had at least three new bine going across the ground and into the grass for each hop plant. Cut them back because there is at least 3 or four climbing the rope for each plant already.

The nugget is now growing faster then Willamette. While the Willamette has some short sidearms the ones on the nugget are over 4' long. I have had to train them onto the top of the 6' fence so that they do not trail across the lawn.

The nugget is now growing faster then Willamette. While the Willamette has some short sidearms the ones on the nugget are over 4' long. I have had to train them onto the top of the 6' fence so that they do not trail across the lawn.
My nugget's sidearms are beast

Latest posts

Back