Side-By-Side Kegerator?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SirHopsALot

Reaction score
I have a side-by-side type refrigerator and was wondering if it's even worth converting to a kegerator (instead of tossing it in the trash). The usable inner dimensions of the fridge section are 17"D x 14.5"W x 58.5"H, while the freezer section is only 17"D x 12"W x 58.5"H. How many cornies should I be able to fit inside the fridge section? Also, is it feasible to also put taps on the freezer section for dispensing such drinks as Gewürztraminer and the like (maybe a gravity feed for the bottles)?

I am seriously considering trashing this thing and just getting a large chest freezer, but if it is worth converting I will reconsider.

Prost!
:mug:

The fact you already possess it makes it worth it in my opinion. Get a temp controller for the freezer section and you could rig up a kegerator/fermenting chamber all in one.

I've measured my cornies to be 9" wide and 27" high on the larger side. They are a bit smaller but that size is as small as I plan to go for convenience. They measure 8.5" x 25".

If you put a shelf in the middle of the fridge you would be able to have 2 levels and hold quite a few kegs. You might even be able to rip out the center divider in the fridge? They might have a coolant line in the middle. That would be something to check.

I would definately keep it. I was actually looking at buying a split door.

You bring much joy to my life with these statements...

Is there any way that I can add wine (preferably bottles) to this tap system as well?

Back