Side by Side Fridge to Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like your build. I wish you had posted it a few months ago when I was trying to do my side by side conversion. Mine is very similar with a few exceptions: 1) put my taps through the side, not the door. I have a pillar next to the door that protects the taps from view/accidental knockage and I could fit up to 5 taps if i go to the 2.5 gallon torpedo stackers 2) My 10# CO2 tank is outside, attached to a 4 body secondary bank that I hung off a shelf w/ an old coat hanger 3) Used some PVC pipe cut down to fridge width as spacers so I can tighten my shank nuts to it w/o flexing the fridge wall (also put a layer of caulk between the insulation and the spacers) Going to attach my drip tray w/ super strong magnets, just want to avoid putting more holes in the fridge than I need to.

Awesome post! I'm getting ready to do the same thing to a side by side. My big question....will a 3 1/8 inch shank work for a door set up? I just saw a great price for a set up with 630ss, ss 3 1/8 " shank, hose and all fittings to connect to keg... ot sure what length is needed to go through door and liner.
Thanks for any info.

Back